Family

Louis woke up in the middle of the night when he felt a cold breeze hitting his skin. He groaned and turned to his side to look at the clock that was standing on the bedside drawer. It was only two something in the morning. He shivered and his head turned to the tilted window where rather cold air was creeping inside of the room. It was already May and during the day it was pretty warm but at night the temperatures were still low and because of the lack of clothes Louis was wearing goosebumps were all over his skin.

Something felt wrong and when Louis looked around the dark room he knew the reason. Harry wasn't there. They had been falling asleep yesterday after they had slept together after two weeks for the first time. Normally he would've gone home, but one time sleeping over wouldn't hurt them, right?

Sighing, he got up and grabbed his boxers before he silently left the room after making sure that Harry wasn't in the bathroom. When he went downstairs he already heard noises coming from the kitchen and he frowned. The smell of cookies were filling his nostrils, so he shook his head to get rid of his hallucinations which he thought were coming from being still half asleep, but when he entered the kitchen he froze in his steps.

"What the hell are you doing?" Louis asked baffled. Harry just turned around to him with nothing but his boxers on and an apron around his body. The kitchen counter was coated in baking supplies and a baking tray with freshly baked cookies was laying on the stove to cool down.

"Baking cookies." Harry chirped with a dimpled smile.

"But...why?" Louis pressed out totally confused. He was still standing in the doorframe gawking at his boyfriend and doubting his sanity.

"I...I woke up and was craving cookies." Harry frowned. He looked through the room only now registering how ridiculous it was starting to bake in the middle of the night. Louis sensed how Harry's mood changed and he feared that he would break out crying soon, so he quickly rounded the counter to take a look at the cookies.

"They look really delicious. Can I try one?" Louis asked gently to lift the mood again.

"No!" Harry slapped Louis' hand away who was just about to grab one. Louis looked at him horrified and Harry's face changed to realisation when he noticed how rude that sounded. "They're still hot. You could burn yourself, we have to let them cool off first." He rushed out. Louis visibly breathed out in relief and nodded.

"Alright, then. Let's clean this lil mess up here until they're cold, hm?" He asked with a smile on his face.

"Oh, you don't have to. Why are you even up?" Harry wondered now.

"I woke up because of the cold and then I noticed that you weren't in bed." Louis shrugged.

"I'm sorry about that. I just can't sleep when the window is closed. I'm sweating all the time and it's driving me nuts, sorry." Harry pouted. He felt bad that Louis had woken up because of him.

"No need to be sorry, darling. I can put some clothes on when I'm cold, it's no bother. Are you feeling good now?" Louis checked.

"Yeah." Harry said but his eyebrows furrowed. "Actually, no." He mumbled. Louis frowned and lifted his chin.

"Why? What's wrong, baby? Are you getting sick?" He asked concerned.

"No, I really want a cookie." Harry whined and Louis couldn't help but chuckle.

"Let's clean up and then we eat the cookies, alright?" He asked grinning. Harry nodded quickly and pecked Louis' lips.

Harry blushed deeply, because it still was a bit strange that they weren't fighting constantly anymore and instead randomly kissing an being sweet to each other, but it wasn't like he would complain. He was happier than ever to be on good terms with Louis and Louis felt the same. Everything was slowly getting back to normal and now they could actually starting to be excited for their babygirl without struggling with their relationship.