Small steps

Updateeeeee!!! I finally managed to finish this chapter (be proud please hehehe). I really hope I will be able to get back to a fixed updating schedule for this story. Thank you for your patience and enjoy! x

When Louis arrived at school he was in a really bad mood. He couldn't sleep the last two nights and tossed around in his bed until he gave up at some point. The situation with Harry was driving him crazy and he had absolutely no idea how they could manage to get through this together and he was close to giving up his hopes to go back to how they were.

He trudged over to his locker and opened it grimly before pulling out his books. Something fell out of his locker and down to the floor. Louis frowned but crouched down to pick it up. It was a folded paper with his name written on it and he looked around himself to see if someone was watching him to make out from whom it was, but there was no one.

He shrugged to himself as he abstinently closed the locker while already opening the letter.

Lou,

I don't even know where to start and I'm sorry in advance if I start to ramble. I should start by telling you how terribly sorry I am for all the pain I have caused you in the last few weeks. Not only did I yell at you and called you the most horrible names, but I also insulted you and even hit you. I know that I have made plenty of mistakes and there's no apology for treating you like this and sometimes I don't even know myself anymore. I could blame it on the hormones, but we both know that's a pathetic excuse and I can only tell you now that I will change. I change for me, for you and for our future together. I won't let you go again, there is no way and I prove you that I'm serious.
You are the best thing that's happened to me and I'm not saying this because you gifted me two children. I'm saying this because you are the kindest, most gentle and most caring person I know. You always put other people's well being before yourself and that's a feature not many people have. You are so selfless which is admirable, but also really dangerous because some people take advantage of it, like me for example (but anyway, that's not the point right now). When you step into a room it goes brighter just because you are there. You are a literal ball of sunshine and I don't know how you do it, but you can make the saddest person laugh within ten seconds. You simply have every good characteristic a person could have, I don't even know how all of those things can fit in such a small body like yours, let alone such a big and pure heart.
You are thoroughly beautiful, inside and out and I know I don't tell you this enough, but it's the truth. You are perfect in every way, you are the reason I am happy to wake up every morning because I know I see your face and experience your unconditional love. I know it didn't seem like it the last few weeks, but I think you are one of the smartest people I know even though you act dumb most of the time, but that's just who you are with your childish mind (sometimes, but I love that on you). I love how you don't take yourself too seriously and I love how much you care about our kids and their future. I shouldn't have said that you were dumb, because that's far from the truth, I'm the dumb one in our relationship, otherwise we wouldn't have been in the situation we are in right now (but again, that's not my point right now).
I'm incredibly proud of you and how you manage everything so good and I have to admit I'm also a bit jealous because everything you do seems so easy. You once told me you aren't superman, but I think you are. I'm proud to call you my boyfriend and I will show you how proud I am actually.
This letter is a huge mess- no structure and too much dumbness, but anyway- what I originally wanted to say is that I love you more than anything and I am incredibly sorry. I promise to be better and I will make it up to you and I really really hope you are free tonight at seven p.m. and allow me to pick you up. Wear something comfortable and hopefully I see you tonight.