The last straw

School has been quite relaxed within the next few days for Harry and Louis. More and more people stood behind them and barely anyone went up to them and asked them if it was really true or even looked at them weirdly. Most of it was thanks to Louis and his popularity and of course that so many people stood behind them.

The atmosphere at home was tense, you could say. Louis was working his ass off at night so he could spend more time with Harry and Jack during the day next to studying and footie practice. He managed quite good, but he was exhausted and Harry noticed too. Louis couldn't tell him why he was drained because if he did he knew it would end up in a terrible fight. He had tried once which ended in Harry accusing him of not being happy with him anymore and that he just didn't want to spend time with him. Louis had given up arguing with Harry and kept his mouth shut agreeing with everything Harry was saying. Anne also took notice of it and was beyond disappointed in her son. She didn't know what was wrong with him.

Louis had told Anne and his parents that he had quit his job, but he had enough saved for the next few months to pay for everything on their own and when he graduated he promised to get a new job. He worked in a bar out of town every night from twelve to three in the morning so he could get at least a bit of sleep, but he also earned a good amount of money plus the tips which were huge. Usually when he came home he studied for another hour or two- it depended on how tired he was- so he could have more time for Harry during the day.

He managed to sneak out without someone noticing it for two weeks until this day.

After him and Harry had went to bed he waited until Harry was fast asleep. Now he needed to hurry up, he was already late and had to start working in twenty minutes. He got up from the bed careful to not wake Harry up and tip toed out of the room after he had grabbed his clothes. He closed the door silently and went down to the living room which was pitch black. He turned on the small lamp that was standing beside the couch and got dressed. Just as he had thrown his shirt over his head he heard a noise behind him. He spund around and was met with Anne's stern face.

"Where do you think you're going?" She asked with her hands on her hips.

"Uhm, I'm just going for a walk. Can't sleep." Louis lied and he hoped that she would believe him. He really needed to go now to not be late.

"For a walk? At fifteen to twelve?" Anne quirked an eyebrow.

"Yes." Louis nodded. He gulped when she examined his face precisely. She was silent for a few seconds until she sighed.

"Okay, fine. Shall I wait for you to come home?" She asked as she let her hands fall to her sides.

"No!" Louis rushed out. "No, you don't have to stay up. I'm not away for long." Louis added more calm.

"Okay. Good night, Louis. And be careful." She said before she went upstairs. Louis listened closely and when he heard her bedroom door shut he left the house and hopped into his car driving out of town like a maniac.

"What am I doing here?" He sighed as the lights of the bar came into view. He hated this job, he hated that he had to take care of drunk of their asses people and he hated that he lied to Harry, but their parents had said to them that they needed to be more responsible and that they needed to have their own money, so what was he supposed to do?

His shift dragged out terribly slowly and he breathed the fresh air of the april night in deeply when he could finally go home. He smelled exactly like the bar smelled- of liquor and cigarettes- and he just wanted to get out of his clothes and fall into his bed. He drove home completely exhausted and he could've cried of joy when he saw Harry's house in front of him. A look on the clock showed that it was half past three and Louis sighed deeply. He got out of the car and fumbled for his keys before he stepped into the house quietly. He took off his shoes and sneaked through the hallway.