Tired of fighting

When Louis entered the school he felt weird. He didn't know what to expect now that Harry and him weren't exactly on a talking base right now, but he guessed he just had to wait and see. He could walk normally again and he only felt a slight sting in his lower region, so there was no reason to stay at home for any longer. The only impairment he had was that he was terribly tired, because he couldn't sleep at all. He had missed Harry's closeness so much and he was used to have him next to him so he couldn't close an eye when he was all by himself.

"Lads." Louis nodded at Zayn and Liam who were leaning against some lockers looking through the hallway.

"Where's your better half?" Liam asked cautiously. Louis had told them that they had some issues without explaining it further a week ago and they knew with Louis' and Harry's tempers and stubbornness everything could happen at any time, so they were always cautious when asking things like this.

"Dunno. Not here yet, probably." Louis shrugged as he walked to his locker and his best friends followed him.

"Didn't you arrive together?" Zayn wondered.

"No." Louis simply said pulling out his books. He didn't want to talk about it and just hoped that they dropped the topic.

"Why not?" Liam wondered.

"For fuck's sake, boys!" Louis slammed his locker door shut. "We're taking a break and I live at my parents' right now, okay?" He said harshly.

"W-what?" Zayn asked shocked. "B-but what about Jack and your relationship?" He asked quietly.

"You're giving me a fucking headache, you know that?" Louis sighed rubbing is temples. "Not a break from our relationship. We just need a bit of space and that's why I'm staying over at mine for a few days. Everything's alright, though, okay? I will still be there for them and spend as much time with Jack as before." Louis explained annoyed.

"But you're not breaking up, right?" Liam asked concerned.

"No, we're not." Louis sighed. "And now drop it, okay?" Louis pleaded.

"Okay. Just, when you want to talk-" Liam said softly.

"I know, lad. Thanks." Louis smiled slightly.

They parted ways and Louis walked to his first class of the day. He wasn't exactly keen on seeing Harry and Niall, but he had now every class with them so he just had to deal with it. He was glad that Danielle was in this class too. Niall had been strange towards him lately and he was sure that Harry had told him something, he couldn't find another reason for his behaviour, but it wasn't like he really cared. He had enough going on in his life right now, his least problem was that Niall was pissed at him or shit like that.

"Where have you been yesterday?" Danielle immediately asked as Louis entered the room.

"Good morning to you too, Danielle." Louis scoffed. "Can I sit with you today?" He wondered and Danielle gestured to the empty seat next to her.

"What's going on?" She wondered as Louis sat down.

"Nothing. Please, leave it okay? I really don't want to talk about it." Louis sighed. He regretted his decision to go to school today already.

"But I'm your best friend, I thought we tell each other everything." Danielle pouted and batted her eyelashes.

"I can change that bestie shit real quick, so shut it." Louis huffed and took out his book and pen.

"Lou, seriously. What's going on with you lately?" Dani asked now genuinely concerned as she turned fully to him. "You've been looking like someone has murdered your kitten." Louis sighed deeply and looked at her pointedly.