Chapter 8💛 𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑡𝑎𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑖𝑠𝑡 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑐𝑜𝑜𝑘!

God, why does my body hurt? It feels like I've been stabbed by a knife or sword.

Sha mei slowly opened her eyes, trying to get them adjusted to the light. She sat up slowly, and blinked twice.

"Shizun, shizun your finally awake".

Xiao li quickly put down the tray of food she had in her hands and ran to Sha Mei's side,with a cute smile on her face.

"Too loud. Little child tone down, this teacher has a headache".

"Shizun I'm sorry. This disciple will go call the elders".

"A-lian. Shizun is awake go keep her company until I get back".

"I'll stay at this side. I've caused shizun enough pain as it is".

"Wei li lian, come here".

Wei li lian did what she asked, but slowly walked towards her shizun.

Feeling guilty she said kneeling at Sha mei's side.
"Shizun, I've caused you pain,and I've even gotten you injured".

"It's allright...besides I was the one who pushed you away, and got myself stabbed by Yang Daiyu's sword".

"But, before I've had negative thoughts on shizun. I thought shizun hated and never cared about me".

"But now, I realize that I was wrong. Shizun does care about me, I just thought that shizun didn't care. But you were doing these things, to help me".

Actually your original master wanted you dead...I don't think she even cared about you.

"Oh, did you stay here the entire day or did you go outside and do something"?

"I stayed here to watch over shizun for 3 days. And i prepared different foods for shizun, everyday just in case you wake up".

"I've been asleep for three days? Wei li lian, did you even have time for your self"?

"It's okay shizun, I wanted to stay here and watch over you...because you risked your life to save me. It's the least I can do".

Sha mei noticed a little pink blush across the younger ones cheeks.

"Do you have a fever"?

"Hmm? I'm feeling well".

Sha mei got up and put her left hand on wei li Lian's forehead. The blush on the child's face was getting bigger and brighter.
Is my hand hot? I mean Sha mei's body heat is considered very hot, because of her powers. But...can it really just give someone a fever?

"Shi...shizun..."

Her face became red and her cheeks a darker shade.
"Shizun's hand is hot.." (Is that what you want to say?)

The poor child's breathing became unstable, and her cheeks were know a scarlet red.

Am I really that hot!?

She quickly removed her hand from the probably dieing child's forehead, and placed them at her side.

"Are you sure your alright"?

Her face finally went back to normal, except for the light pink blush on her pale cheeks.

"Yes...shizun doesn't have to worry, this disciple is feeling very well".

"Oh..."

"I made shizun a new batch of lotus soup, would shizun like to try"?

A free dish from the protagonist?

"Yes".

The small smile on Wei li Lian's face grew bigger when she answered the question with a yes. Wei li lian ran out the room and into the kitchen were a pot of Lotus soup was kept in.