Christmas chapter 🎁🎄✨❄️

Note that this is not part of the main story.

"Shizun, Jiang a yi  came here this morning looking for you. She brought with her something wrapped up in a red and green cloth. I held it with me until shizun woke up."

Sha Mei rubbed her eyes and blinked twice. She sighed. "Wei lian don't you think it's too early?"

"Early? I thought that since shizun was getting up she'd want to hear about this." She looked down at the wrapped gift in her hands.

Sha Mei quickly got up and held both of Wei Lians hands. "It's all right, I had to get up anyway. You can now give me the gift." She smiled.

———
"Merry Christmas shizun!"

Both Li Ying and Zhi Xiang came shouting. "Aiyah! Don't be so loud! People are still sleeping!"

Li Ying walked towards her shizun with a little pout. "Shizun it's Christmas Day. Everyone would be up at this time eating and partying, no one's sleeping."

"We'll I was. And I'm not fully awake yet. So don't talk too loud."

Zhi Xiang: "Shizun, I wanted to thank you for always being there for me...even when my...life was wasn't always heading down the right path. Thanks to shizun this disciple was able to attain an immortal sword," she kneeled on one leg holding up whatever gift she had in her hand, "So this disciple bought you a gift." The small blush on her cheeks made Sha Mei smile, seeing this both Wei Lian and Li Ying both frozen.

Even so, Sha Mei's smile did not falter.

"I'll accept."

Li Ying stood by her shizun's side with both her hands out and a small box wrapped in a cute red and gold bow.

"What's this?" Sha Mei asked. "Shizun...I wanted to thank you. Thanks to shizun's teachings and martial arts training this disciple was able to to prove my parents wrong...that I'm not just a defenseless little girl. So as a thank you, this gift." A familiar color crawled on the girls cheeks making it even harder for Sha Mei to say no.

Even though her words at the end didn't make much sense her cuteness was enough for her to take the gift.

Wei Lian had her head hung low, and didn't look too happy. "Lian, is something wrong?"

The latter looked up and then back at her hands.
She moved closer to Sha Mei with a pout.
"Shizun...I bought you something for Christmas...but I don't know if you'll accept it...it's not as expensive as Li and Zhi shije's gifts. I don't want to disappoint shizun with mine."

Lin Wei Wong must admit having parents that spoil you with expensive gifts, clothes, shoes and cars. Is a big downgrade to whatever Wei Lian bought, but it's not about the gift it's about the heart. And seeing how this child went out of her way to buy her something gives her this warm feeling in her heart.

"Nonsense. Even if it was just a handwritten card or not," she got up and held Wei Lians left hand, "Wei Lian you wanted to give me something as a thank you right? It doesn't matter what it is, I'll always accept you."

Hearing this made the child's eyes water. She came closer to her shizun and in the next moment Sha Mei felt the warmth of someone's head on her chest and their hands around her waist.

This action left Zhi Xiang and Li Ying (mostly Zhi Xiang) with both their mouths agape and dumbfounded.

Zhi Xiang whispered to Li Ying, "Can she even do that? Is she allowed to even do that?"

Li Ying didn't answer, but hugged her shizun from behind while Zhi Xiang followed suit.

With all the extra weight Sha Mei found it a little hard to move and breathe.

These children. She thought.

———
The door was kicked open by a person wearing black and white and the person behind them in black and grey.

"Liu shimei! There's something called knocking!"
Seeing the scene in front of her made Liu Hua raise a thin brow.

"Oh, am I interrupting something?"

Sha Mei pulled of all three children off, off her and went back to siting on her wooden chair. "No, just being loud."

"Shimei I do apologize for this one's behavior." Jiang Xue apologized.

"At leasts someone does." She rolled her eyes.

Liu Hua walked close to her with a glare on her face.
"What?"

"I brought you something."

"Why?"
"As a thank you for saving me."
"I thought you said that your debt was already payed back?
"It is. I just wanted to be nice." She blushed.

"Alright I accept."
"Good." She handed the present to Sha Mei.

"Only because you were being kind."
Liu Hua looked at her than at the window. "Hmph." She folded her arms.

Merry Christmas 🎁🎄❄️
From your friend Yuki