Chapter 10🍒

Images of the woman in red flooded Wei li lian's head, she tossed and turned on the surprisingly soft bed-

Wei li lian woke up in cold sweat. She looked around and notices that she wasn't in her room, or on her bed. The bed she is laying on, had silk sheets, the pillows she just had her head on were extremely soft. The entire room smelled like Pine and... Cinnamon?

She picked up the silk sheet in her hand and held it by her nose, with a slight blush on her face. "This room...it smells like shizun...is this...am I.."?

The sound of footsteps can be heard on the other side of the door. "Li ying, I need you to get me more of that healing tea from Chen hui's heaven".

"Yes, shizun".

Wei li lian quickly layed down and closed her eyes, hoping to make it seem like she's actually sleeping.

The door opened and someone slowly walked in. The footsteps got closer and closer until it stopped at the bedside.

"Fake sleeping"?

Wei li lian opened her eyes and stared at the woman looking down at her with her very own.

"How did shizun know"?

Hmph. I have a little cousin who likes to fake sleep when she's supposed to be sleeping on a school night. Just because your seventeen, doesn't mean I won't be able to tell.

"Your heart began beating faster as soon as I stepped in".

Wei li lian turned her head. Sha mei thought that she was hiding her face from the embarrassment.

Sha mei seemed to have chuckled softly, probably not wanting the person next to her to hear.

But wei li lian turned her head at her shizun's direction. "Shizun..."

Sha mei looked at wei li lian who was now blushing with a small smile on her face.

"Why are you so red? And why are you smiling"?

The child turned her head to side and whispered. "Shizun is so pretty when she smiles...and laughs..."

Sha mei stared at wei li lian in silence, not knowing what to say she picked up a cup of tea and haned it to wei li lian.

"Thank you, shizun".

This child, why is she acting all of a sudden? Is she scared? I really can't tell one minute she's smiling the next she's all red, and I don't know why!

"Is there something bothering you"?

This question seemed to have catched wei li lian off guard as she didn't know what to do or say.

She mumbled and tried to put together atleast one word, but couldn't.

"You don't want to answer"?

"No, no. I just didn't want to stress shizun out".

"Stress me out? Explain".

"Well...today I caused shizun trouble I even fainted. Because of me, shizun wasn't able to go out. All I do is disappoint and slow you down. Perhaps I should leave, and then shizun would be happy".

"Who says I'm not happy"?

The child turned her head to face her shizun.

"Shizun"?

Oops! Did I say that out loud? I ment to say that in my head...

How would an old lady with thousands and thousands of years of life talk to a kid, especially in a situation like this?