4. Maybe Maybe

Ms Kea, definitely not a random album acronym 

Izuku's pov

As soon as Eraserhead left, I started crying. Unlike the last three days of crying, this wasn't due to my imminent death. Finally, I could finish the reactor, I could power my lungs. I could live... My cries were clearly heard by Ms Kea as she entered my room with a worried face "Izuku, are you alright?" She asked. I nodded as a smile appeared on my face "are you sure? I know you like hiding so I don't feel bad" She reiterated "I'm fine" My phone beeped after I typed it. "If you say so. Do you want to hear some good news?" She asked. I nodded my head yes while retaining my smile "well there's a couple coming in to adopt tommorow, you should say hi to them" SHe recommended 

"No thank you" I replied. I don't want to be adopted, least not until I can confirm my lungs will work "Come on Izuku, please" She begged as she pulled my right hand into hers "You've been here since you were 6, you can't live here forever" She stated. I looked down before staring at her with my eye "Just trust me, I know you don't want to make anyone feel bad but you need to think about yourself" She insisted "Okay, for you ms Kea" I replied. She smiled and walked out of my room. A sigh left my mouth before a fit of coughs. Stupid lungs!

I wheeled to my desk and pulled back out my journal full of tech ideas and flicked it to the last page for my reactor. I looked over the blueprints before pulling the prototype out of my desk. It was the original design from when I thought that Rhodium would work in it. I placed it on the desk and grabbed one of the only things I really call my own, my soldering iron. I disconnected the main wires and replaced them with the Palladium circuit. Whenever Eraserhead comes back, I should just be able to put the element in the reactor and connect it to the artificial lungs I also built a while ago. The synthetic alveoli connect directly to my bloodstream while the lungs function as a suction bag, like real lungs. God look at me rambling.

I began to fiddle around on my busted old laptop and began looking for Eraserhead videos. As expected, there wasn't much but I did find a few of him using his capture weapon. From there, I spent the next 8 hours watching hero videos, like back when I was a kid. It had reignited my desire to be a hero but that doesn't change the fact that a quirkless amputee can't become a hero, I'd be a laughing stock. As my mind wandered to its usual darker place I decided to stop watching hero videos and find something to take my mind of things. Eventually, I found a movie called Robocop recommended on Netflix and decided to watch it. Mabye watching someone else in a crap situation will make me feel better.

2hrs later

Fuck not being a hero! oh heck, I just cussed! Nevermind that! the tech on Alex wasn't pseudoscience, The servos, the hydraulics and even the brief seconds of circuits on display seem like they'd work. I went to grab my notebook only to see the time, 6:30. I should head out for dinner. I grabbed my black-out glasses and wheeled myself towards my door. After a deep breath, I opened the door and headed towards the loud kitchen full of twenty-nine kids. "Everyone sit down! or you won't be getting any dessert" Ms Kea threatened. The kids all listened and filed into their seats. As she placed the last plate of food in front of one of the kids, She noticed me. Ms Kea smiled at me before walking closer to me "Do you want to eat out here or in your room?" She asked. I pointed down to say I would stay here, a rarity for me. 

Ms Kea beamed a smile and cleared a way for me to wheel to the top of the table as the rest of the kids dug in. "I made your favourite," She said while walking towards the over. She placed a plate of katsudon in front of me and took her own space at the head of the table. "You know, I regret not teaching manors to you" She mumbled an itadakimasu and started eating. I returned to my plate and began eating. The katsudon was so good, it reminded me of mom and her cooking. Another reason I never want to be adopted, I don't want mom to think I'm replacing her. I would apply the same logic to dad but I don't remember him very much

After all the kids left to do whatever before bed, me and Ms Kea sat in silence for a bit "What did Eraserhead want?" She asked while starting to do the dishes, normally I'd ask to help but she'd never let me. 'He was just-' I stopped my phone from lying to her 'It's hard to explain but he's gonna help me with a project that could help me live' It said. The pots in her hand clunked into the sink and she looked down "Izuku, I know your smart... You know about death, it sucks but it happens to everyone, you can't avoid it" She tried to speak softly but I could hear defence in her voice 'but my hypothesis could work, if it doesn't then I'll be able to die knowing I tried' I replied with hope "Izuku you could kill yourself early!" She turned around with a sympathetic look 'Or I could live to be old, find my soulmate and maybe live a normal life. Is that so bad? I just wanna be normal' I felt tears leaving my eye as I stared at her "Oh Izu, I'm so sorry, I-I... Could you hold down the fort here for a bit? I'll go rent us a movie so we can watch" She requested. I nodded before rubbing my eyes under my glasses. Ms Kea is really like a mom isn't she?