25. MDMG

Izuku's pov

I can't just stroll into the staff room with a notice to sue and expect Nezu to ignore the blatant treason. I need to prove that I can become a hero. Quirks are normally enough to impress hero courses but that won't exactly be possible in my case. In my notebook, I have hundreds of Ideas. Most of them don't have any direction or definite purpose but there has to be one that I can use to become a hero. I need something, anything! I threw open my door and ran inside. I got my old notebooks and placed them on my tables. I have a lot of reading ahead of me.

I started in my first journal. It was written in barely legible script there were a few drawings around the paragraphs. I wasn't an artist was I? I giggled at the thought. A gauntlet, no. A boomerang, no. Mabye those jets would work well, attached to my legs of course. I shook my head at that thought, Garchan had suggested the thought but I couldn't see it ending well. It would likely cause a dangerous accident. Notebook one was a bust, along with the next eleven. But I did find a small doodle in the corner of one of the pages. It was a guy dressed in spandex swinging between buildings with wrist launched grappling hooks. 

After mulling it over, I decided to properly plan out the gear and use it. realistically, to make it work, I'd have to break the laws of physics. Before I went to draw I realised, my arm should probably take precedence. I sighed, not wanting to build an arm right now. Then again, it would make the process of creating the gear later on. I flipped to a different page on my notebook and quickly started drawing a sketch of my arm. I could make it look super techy but it made more sense to make it platemail. I designed it to work as a standard arm rotation and joint wise. 

I finished the design and headed out of my room. I hope I don't have to interact with powerloader, I'd have to explain what I'm doing in a support lab over summer break. I sneakily made my way toward the main UA building. It was surprisingly empty. The hero courses are on a trip at the moment, that's probably why. Most of those guys wouldn't go a day without using their quirks and UA would be the best place for that. It's weird to be in such a big building with no one else. Granted there might be someone in the walls or something

I found my way to support room 1-G, I would go to F but there were too many memories of... Yeah. I entered the large door, found a desk and threw down my notebook. I looked over it one more time before grabbing going to grab materials. I grabbed a bucket and headed into the materials storage. I needed titanium, carbon fibre mesh, twenty or thirty different types of bolts and nuts, 30ft of wiring, tools and the stuff to build a set of Axon Processors. I was gonna have fun building this.

4 hours later

I placed my finished project on the table, giving it one final look. all seemed to be functional so I grabbed the mount and slid it onto my residual arm, the very small part that remained attached to my shoulder. the straps connected, and I placed the first piece of plate on my shoulder. I grabbed the rest of the limb and placed it on the mount. I felt the arm hanging off me, I guess the Axon Processors haven't connected yet. I slowly felt my nerves connecting and the arm getting less heavy. 

I slowly raised the metal limb to my eye line. It was weird to see my entire arm as metal. I couldn't describe what I was feeling. I was sad that another part of my humanity was gone but then again, I guess it would help me become a hero. I wriggled my fingers around to check the functions of my arm. Everything seemed to be working. I smiled lightly and picked up a table. It's definitely strong enough.

I sat down in a chair and continued designing my gear. a gauntlet was my forthcoming idea, mainly centered around the larger wrist area. It would have around 100m of coiled cable wrapped up inside the center. The wire was incredibly thin for the strength that it would have. I planned to make it out off plasteel. Its a wire alloy made of Titanium and Lithuim. I planned to have it connected to a button on the palm of the gauntl- "Well well what do we have here? Another boy curious about my babies?!" An excited voice exclaimed from behind me.

 I jumped up and turned around to see a girl dawned in engineers garb with pink hair. "Wait, your Izuku arent you? Powerloaders prized student"  She suggested "Yeah. You're the crazy girl from the Sports festival" I stated " So do you wanna see my babies?" the girl asked "arent you a first year? You most definitely shouldn't have kids"I recommended bemused "Oh no, my babies, my inventions" She clarified "I'm sorry, I'm busy right now" I replied "oooo, what are you building?! Have I built it before?" She asked "Please, I need to concentrate" I begged while pushing her slightly "Okay Okay, Sheesh... I'll give you a tour of my babies later" She left with a pout. I sighed and finished writing up my plans, deciding on using aerosel to propel the wires. Time to get to work 

3 Hours later! (Yeah multiple timeskips is bad)

I placed the gauntlets on my hand with a smile. That feeling of emptyness was slowly fading. Ms Kea was most definitely right, I want to become a hero, not an engineer. With a click, the aerosel canisters connected to both gauntlets. If Garchan was here, he would convince me to test the gear indoors. I should go see him again, it's been awhile. Well not really but it feels like ages. I made my way out to ground Beta as the sun slowly set. The cityscape was probably the most realistic area to practice for awhile.

I aimed my wrist at the wall and pressed the button to launch my right wire. It flew out of the gauntlet and stuck to a lampost. I smirked as the right hand was pulled forward towards the post. The hook disconnected from the lampost, letting me in freefall. I aimed my other arm at the next lampost but I missed, letting me fall to the ground. I laughed as I continued to try and fly. It felt like hours I spent in ground beta, flying up and down buildings and other tall objects. The only thing that brought me out of my training trance was Maijima rushing into ground Beta. I dropped in front of the hero with a huge smile. That smile was quickly kicked off my face

"Class A got attacked, Bakugo is missing"