21. Lament

This is dark... Really fucking dark so... Yeah... It's sad... I'm not crying, you're crying!

Izuku's pov

Me and Garchan stood in front of all of I-Island's greatest minds. Mr Pym introduced us to the crowd and we were essentially left to our own devices. The speech and PowerPoint we created on the plane were set up on a laptop. We stared at each other before Garchan started his portion of the speech 

"We weren't told we needed to write a script till a few hours ago so one draft wonder. Ladies and gentlemen. I'm Rodrigo and this is Izuku, we're first-year support course students in UA." He started "As you can see, I'm not exactly in the same calibre as many of you" I began "That might've been a bit jarring to a few of you, my mouth not moving and all. My larynx was damaged beyond repair along with a few other pieces of 'quintessential appendages'. Heck, I should be dead right now but one good idea can make all the difference" 

Garchan flicked to the first slide of the PowerPoint "This right here is called the Axon Processor, Good look decoding the crypt, its gibberish, the design isn't there. It's a neurological interceptor so to speak" He explained "It takes the electric signal that a brain sends towards different parts of a body and interprets it. It's the closest thing in the world close to connecting the brain to the internet" A few oo's came over the crowd "It works by... Well, that isn't for you to know. We currently our plans for the axon are focused on prosthetics and other necessary medical applications." As Garchan talked, I began putting on my legs. 

"These legs are the second thing I built to do with my injuries and the first using the Axon Processor." I said while walking forward "They function almost identically to regular legs with a few extra tidbits for... research" A few chuckles came out of the audience. To demonstrate, I sat on a closeby chair and had Garchan hit the knee of my leg. The reaction was one of shock as I demonstrated the leg "The two of us have set the Processor to the Patent office, I promise that people who need it while be given it but the villainous possibilities are too big to sell the ide-" 

"EVERYBODY DOWN!" A new voice yelled while running into the room. Behind him, twenty masked thugs followed, each with a rifle. A few people stood up to fight against the villains only to receive bullets to the leg. Our guard was quickly dispatched. While they were looking at the intruding thugs, another group broke through the skylight. The group got the Bakusquad and Shinso and quickly tied them up together. We were essentially defenceless

As the leading grunt sauntered his way towards us. Garchan hid his fear while entering a command into his laptop. I couldn't see the screen but I had a fair idea what he was doing. %AXNPR%\Fun8312\BCDBoot.exe. That single line would enable every single feature on my legs. He clicked enter, and I quickly felt the surge of energy as my Apex Reactor changed its output to compensate for the extra tech. Garchans helmet encased my face, bringing up a better HUD of the world. "Grab the peenoise and let's go" The leader demanded. Three grunts walked up to us and went to grab Garchan. I quickly ran in front of him and launched the thugs back into the centre of the room. 

"Bad idea you fuckin cripple!" The head honcho snarled while pointing his rifle at me. A flurry of bullets flew towards me only to be blocked by Garchan's hologram tech. Hard light is a highly difficult thing to manoeuvre but shields are easy to create and use. The thugs dumped multiple magazines into the shields but they still didn't break "Go kick their asses" Garchan smirked. I nodded at him as he went to hide behind the podium. I dropped the shield and charged at the armed men. I blocked all the shots at me with my hand and managed to disarm a good few of them

A well-placed kick to the crotch here, a sucker punch there. Each grunt dropped like a sack of potatoes, with a satisfying thud. "HEY, LEGLESS!" The top merc yelled. He had relinquished his weapon to another man, replacing the rifle with a sword "We got your little nerd" He jeered while the other grunt held Garchan "HEY! PUT HIM DOWN YOU DICKSUCKLING EXTRA!" Kacchan yelled from the other side of the room "Shut up brat" the boss snarled while the grunt shot at his feet. As I stared at Kacchan in worry, the boss charged at me, swinging his sword madly. I barely managed to avoid the first swipe on my right arm, my left arm wasn't so lucky

I screamed in pain as blood seeped out of my left shoulder. "Ha, shouldn't have played hero kid, now get ready to bleed out" the boss laughed. "DEK-!" Kacchan yelled before getting a rifle butt to the head. I felt my head get woozy and my eye start to blur... Fire, I need to cauterise my new stub or I could die. I rushed to my detached arm, grabbing the hand off the top. With my hand and teeth, I pulled out a wire and spat on it, causing a mini electrical fire. I stuck the blazing appendage on my newly formed. I ignored the feeling of bone and just screamed the pain away "You don't quit do ya?" The boss asked while leaning to my level "Fuck you" I replied without rising. 

The wail of a siren ended the little interaction "Shit, kill the kid, We can decode it from this" The boss said while picking up my amputated arm. The grunt nodded and forced Garchan to his knees. He tried to fight back but the grunt was much stronger "Say, bye-bye, cripple!" The boss belted out a laugh. I sprinted towards the grunt as fast as possible. I didn't make it. The muzzle flash and bang of the gun were like a flashbang. The world stopped as soon as the trigger was pulled. Garchan fell over limp after the bullet entered his skull.

"YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!" I screamed as I charged at the grunt. I brought my leg up to a striking position and kicked the grunt square in the jaw. I didn't stop. I beat that man to a bloody pulp. The real villain was still standing. That boss. The man who ordered that grunt. I slowly walked towards him. He was silent, wide-eyed. I wrangled the sword out of the man's hand and stabbed him in the leg. I would've cut his stupid ugly face off but that would be illegal. 

My head cleared and I realised what I had done. The Fifty scientists who attended the ceremony looked stunned "Help him" I said, barely audibly. A few people rushed to Garchan. I ran to his side as well, gripping his lifeless hand. "He has a pulse, but its fading" One person said "How do we help h-" I was cut off by a white light, the sweet embrace of unconscienceness. I couldn't save him... I-I-I want my mom