24. Nostalgic

Izuku's pov

After we returned to UA, I barred myself in my room. I wasn't ready to face anyone. My mind wasn't ready to deal with anything today. Alas, I had work to do. My legs didn't sustain any damage but my hand was made redundant thanks to the loss of my arm. I didn't even have anyone I could talk to, the hero classes are on a school trip for a week, all the teachers are treading on eggshells around me... I wish mom was here. She'd know how to help... Wait! MS KEA! She'll be willing to help. Presuming she hasn't forgotten about me. I jumped out of my bed and quickly grabbed my legs, putting them on in record time. I grabbed my phone and headed directly toward my old home.

I walked down the familiar urine smelling street. I was feeling deja vu. It was like that day with Present Mic only now I'm alone and walking. Sure my legs were built at that point but they were not tuned at all. I walked up to the large door of my old home and knocked my secret code. I heard some shuffling from the far side of the door before it was removed from its latch "Izu... You're safe" Ms Kea stated with a massive smile on her face. "I'm sorry for intruding but I really need to talk" I responded "Young man, you lived here for longer than you haven't, this is your home too" She assured me while placing a hand on my shoulder.

We made our way into the kitchen where a few of the orphans were hanging around. "Woah Izuku? is that you?" One of the 10-year-olds asked, "of course that's not Izuku, Izuku was in a wheelchair" a girl replied "I am Izuku, I guess I'm a bit taller" I tried to joke. The kids laughed "Go on you four, go outside and play for a while" Ms Kea instructed. The group quickly made their way out of the kitchen while talking about soccer.

"So... I saw the video of you on I-Island that was scary stuff" She stated "Garchan is in a coma... He's might not make it" I added sombrely "I'm so sorry Izuku" She apologised. We sat in cold silence for a minute. Ms Kea finally broke the silence with a sigh "You don't need to explain why you're here. Ever since you walked through that door 7 years ago, I knew you'd strive to be a hero no matter what. You definitely wouldn't be as determined to survive as you were" she started "You want my opinion don't you?"  She asked. I nodded curtly in reply.

"Izuku... You are not a roboticist. You can fool yourself and say that it's your destiny but it's not. You weren't put on earth to make a computer empire. You were brought here to become a saviour to the people, a hero. Quirk or not, you'll be the greatest hero day, better than All Might. I love you Izuku, Like a son, now You need to trust me, You should walk your butt up to the principal's office and demand to transfer to the hero course! I'm sure that brain of yours can come up with a plan to out-do him!" 

I smiled at Ms Kea's words. They sounded like mom, it was both comforting and upsetting. Sure nostalgia is fun and all but not when the quotes are from a time like that. I started thinking about Ms Kea's words. Transfer to the hero course... Thats really uncommon. It only happens if a teacher is training a personal student or a student wins the sports festival outright... Sports festival... How the hel-heck, am I gonna make it into the hero course when I wasn't even allowed enter the sports festival. 

"I wasn't allowed in the sports festival," I said idly "I thought so, why?" Ms kea asked "Oh sorry, I wasn't trying to talk out loud" I replied "That doesn't answer my question" She retorted "Well I was in a wheelchair" I responded in a 'duh' tone. "A few years ago a student participated who was also in a wheelchair" Ms kea remarked "Why do you remember that?" I laughed "Because... YOU WOULDNT STOP SHOWING HIM TO ME FOR TWO WEEKS!" She exclaimed. We both started laughing at that, I do remember that now, he called himself Captain... Captain Marvel? No, Captain Marvel Junior, that's it! 

"Did UA tell you why you couldn't participate?" Ms Kea asked "I don't think so" I replied "Sue em," She suggested. I sniggered at that "Wouldnt I get kicked out?" "Izuku, your smart. Honey you just need to think for a second" She proposed. I stopped and started thinking. I guess that a lawsuit from a disabled kid, claiming discrimination would look bad win or lose, Nezu would try to avoid it at all costs. "Thanks, Kea, I'm going to go build something before I threaten Nezu" I expressed as I pulled her into a hug "Go get em Izuku" 

Sorry for the wait and short chapter. I've been busy writing a DnD campaign for my friends so I don't have much time for this story. Don't worry though, This story shall not end anytime soon!

Stay Classy knights

-PaladinAsh