37. I Did It

Izuku's pov

As Gang Orca and his sidekicks rose from the destroyed wall, I stared in awe of the #12 hero. As one of his sidekicks launched a kick at my head, I regained my senses and countered. "Ah, you noticed us. Intriguing. Scatter, kill the survivors!" Gang Orca yelled. My eyes shot open as the numerous sidekicks began to run into the city.

A sudden and large rumble hit the stadium. Upon closer inspection, it was one of Ms Jokes' students, Shindo. He blocked the faux villains from the ruins. Indirectly directing them to the first aid station.  With no time to argue, I launched myself to the medical station to explain the situation "Everyone, we need to move to the opposite side of the city. Please help anyone who can't move to get there." I yelled.  A few students turned to help in the fight against Gang Orca while most helped the civilians. Looks like most of us should pass.

As I returned to the front lines against Gang Orca, I could see the devastation he had already caused. About six students were down for the count, including Shindo. Todorkoi charged from behind Gang Orca to flame him only for one of the Shiketsu students to blow the flames away. I couldn't keep focusing on the fight against Gang Orca, I had to stop his sidekick's advance. 

I quickly produced a large shield from Garrchans holo tech. The sidekicks stared at it perplexed. The blue guard could easily stop humans from walking through it. The sidekicks also realised this when an especially rambunctious sidekick tried to run straight at me. I pulled down my mask and smirked at the villains. "Enough the walk gentles" I taunted. Even though their black facemasks, I could see the sidekicks grumbling.

I returned my attention to the fight against Gang Orca. It didn't look like it was going well. Everyone except for Todoroki and the Shiketsu student. They weren't working together, they could easily fight together, redirecting Todoroki's flames to Gang Orca, dehydrating him. Instead, the two seemed to be after tiring themselves out. The sidekicks also managed to get around my barrier. Damn it. We can't lose this!

Looking down at my hips, I saw my blades gleaming. They wouldn't cut Gang Orca deep enough to do temporary damage. It would be all or nothing. Thin scrapes against his blubber or deep stabs into him. One is pointless, one is too dangerous. Think Deku! THINK!!! As sidekicks ran past my shield towards the med bay. I dropped the barriers and shouted "VILLAINS INCOMING!". I need to do something. I need to take Gang Orca down.

As Gang Orca walked forward through the small remaining flurry of flames, I drew my swords. Best way to kill an orca is to go for the brain. No doubt I'd have to breach his blubber and threaten him. That doesn't sound right. That's too dangerous. If Gang Orca breathes Oxygen, which he probably does, then I should be able a similar thing to his throat. "Give up already you worthless brat!" The hero yelled "I'm sorry" I muttered while pulling my mask back over my lower face.

I launched a grapple behind Gang Orca on one of the buildings before turning and speeding behind him. I sliced through the fat on his back with both my swords. As I predicted, nothing happened. Gang Orca laughed as he went to catch me. His hands missed as I darted away. I jumped up and slashed his arms again. Worthless. Even worse than worthless, the attack broke one set of my blades. I kicked off Gang Orca's face and drew my second set of blades. No more Mr nice Deku.

With vigour, I began zooming around Gang Orca to distract him. I'll go just above his nape. Once he was turned away from me, I went to strike. Only my grapples didn't land. Wind blew them off Gang Orca's back. That Shiketsu student. I quickly grappled my way around the villain to the student. "HEY, YOU'RE THE BOY FROM I-ISLAN-" Before Skiktsu student could finish, I punched him in the stomach. 

"Stop working against your allies. You need to communicate and not interrupt their attacks!" I thundered "Yeah breezy" Todoroki smirked smugly "AND YOU! Stop acting like you're on your own. You're NOT! NOW DEHYDRATE THE DAMN WHALE!" I yelled. Gang Orca interrupted my scolding by shooting a punch at my face. I plunged back into a wall in pain. Yet, from my perspective, it looked like Todoroki and Shiketsu student are working together.

They managed to trap Gang Orca in a cyclone. I smiled at the two before I caught a peek through the tornado. Gang Orca was slowly dousing himself in water from a gallon bottle. I grabbed my blades and flew around Gang Orca again. I caught the eyes of Todoroki and Shiketsu student motioning for them to stop the flames. 

I launched my grapples to Gang Orca's back and stabbed my blades into each side of his neck. "You missed" Orca said. "I need to move half an inch, that will make it so you can never breathe properly again. You can surrender now, put one hand up and I won't ruin your career" I threatened. The hero seemed to realise I wasn't bruffing as he raised one arm and called over the arena "We are finished. EVERYONE RETREAT!"

A bell came over the arena, finishing the exam. "Care to remove those weapons?" Gang Orca asked. "Oh... Yeah sorry. I'm sorry I went a bit too extreme. I really wouldn't have except that I remember seeing your fight against the blade villain and realising that slashes were useless on you. Oh heck that sounded really creepy, didn't it? Sorry. Besides that, would you mind signing my notebook? Oh wait, never mind I don't have it with me. Well next time we meet could I get yo-" 

"Izuku!" Kaminari yelled from my left side. I jumped from my skin as I realised I was muttering "Uh, sorry Gang Orca." I apologised as I slowly slid my blades from his neck. I closed my left eye and looked into the wounds. I hadn't breached any organs or injured anything "Could you get off my back now?" Gang Orca questioned. I let out an awkward laugh as I turned off my grapples and dropped to the ground. 

On the ground, I met the eyes of Kaminari. "Weren't you with Kacchan and Red?" I asked "I was. Look Bakugo knows he didn't pass. He's really upset." Kaminairi explained. I let out a sad sigh as both of us made our way to the debriefing room. As he'd expected, Kacchan didn't end up passing. Then again, neither did Todoroki or the Shiketsu student I learned to be named Inasa. After I was handed my provisional licence, I couldn't help but beam in glee. 

I did it, mom... I'm gonna save everyone!