42. KcolKcor

Izuku's pov

After the incident with Eri, I couldn't concentrate on anything. She was so clearly scared of that man but Mirio stopped us from helping her. I guess the heroes might be able to do better but clearly, Eri was in danger. The girl quaked at the sight of the beaked man, yet we just let her go back to him. As if that wasn't bad enough, Sir Nighteye said that it's likely can't start investigating this man until next week.

"Deku, pay attention" Kacchan warned while flicking a piece of paper at my head. I shook my head back to attention and trained my eyes on the blackboard. Ms Midnight was explaining the nuance of the transition from Vigilante to hero during the first generation of quirk. Just as she closed the textbook she was reading, A knock could be heard from outside the room. Mirio walked in with a serious face "Apologies Ms Nemuri, I must take Izuku for his internship" He stated before starting at me. Our eyes locked. He looked worried, really worried. 

I quickly got up, grabbed my hero costume and walked out, beside Mirio. "Sir found some pressing information, we need to be briefed" He explained. I nodded and followed him as we left UA and headed to Nighteye's agency. "To be quick from what I know, This is much bigger than either of us. There's a big meeting with a few heroes happening" Mirio explained "How much bigger?" I questioned, "Ever heard of a Yakuza?" Mirio asked "Gangsters? right?" I replied "That's who were dealing with"

We silently entered the building and walked into the meeting room. Inside the room, there stood numerous heroes including... Red and Denks? Were they not still in school? "About time" A curly-haired man commented "Control your temper Rocklock" Eremento requested "Please, Sir Nighteye, Explain" He added.

The man was none other than Eremento, the elemental hero. He must be the hero Denks is working with. I should get his autograph. 

"Thank you. Now, as I was going to say, We have reason to believe that the quirk erasing bullets that have been discovered recently have something to do with the girl LeMillion and Deku found on patrol" Sir Nighteye explained. That perplexed many within the conference room. "The description of the man who took 'Eri' matched the description we've received from criminals caught with the drug" He continued.

This piqued the interest of Rocklock "Now tell me why we need to be taken in on this. If those two little twerps met him, why isn't he here, under lock and key?" He questioned "Because of fair judgement" Nighteye replied "Weakness, you mean" Rocklock clarified. The entire room became still. No one spoke a word to counter Rocklock.

He was right. We definitely should've saved Eri. I gripped the pants of my uniform in frustration. How the hell could I leave another person out to dry? First Garchan, now Eri. I don't deserve this licence. I shouldn't even be in UA.

"I'd rather have those two here and Eri there than all three of them dead" Nighteye stated as he stood up. "We invited you here to tell you to watch out for any information. We request that you bring any info to us and that you'll join the raid team once we find Eri" The suited hero stated. Reluctantly, most of the heroes left. Eremento stayed, though he did kick out his interns. 

"Rocky hasn't changed much" He sighed "You've been excused" Nighteye insisted "Gorsh, You are too serious. You had more chill when you worked with All Mi-" Eremento was quickly cut off by one of Sir's special stamps. "I'd be quiet if I were you" he threatened. Eremento held up his hands in surrender before turning to me and Mirio.

"You two, don't let him get to you. He's just a bit of a hardass to kids because of his toddler. Chin up, we'll catch that bastard" Eremento smiled as he stood up, dusted himself off and walked out of the room. Sir Nighteye groaned and turned to us. "Deku, Lemillion, There's a certain detail we left out. His name. Overhaul. He runs the Shie Hassakai, a Yakuza. You're dismissed, come back tomorrow at 0800. You've got work to do"

Me and Mirio nodded at each other and the hero. We made our way out of the agency and were barely a block away before I buckled in shame. I ducked into an offset alley and slid against the wall. I began to cry. I wept my soul out tiredly. I'm not strong enough, I'll never be strong enough. 

A rough hand made it to my shoulder. It was comforting. I looked up, expecting Mirio. Only he wasn't there. Instead, I saw Red, with Denks not far behind. I met his worried crimson eyes and just held my hand up to him. Instead of grabbing my hand and helping me up, Red picked me off the ground in a tight hug. 

"Izuku, are you alright?" Denks asked. "Kam, Obviously," Kirishima muttered. I dug my face into the crook of his neck. God, I'm like a baby. I clearly don't deserve anything. I felt movement. I wasn't sure where we were going but soon, we were inside a car. Where did Mirio go? I shuffled off Red's lap and opened my eyes. We were indeed in a car. One that seemed to not have a driver. 

I peeked over the front seat and had my assumption thrown out the window. On the front seat, with extensions to the pedals, sat Nezu driving the car. I wanted to ask what he was doing but i seemed to lose my voice. Denks grabbed my head softly and brought my ear to his mouth. "Mirio called to pick us up. We didn't think it would be Nezu," He whispered.

I sunk my head back onto Denk's head. He was soft, Cuddly even. I don't think either of us knew where Denks placed in our relationship. He was the least assertive before I showed up. Then I sort of forced him out of that position. I shut my eyes once again and curled up on his lap. It was nice to feel small. There was movement beside us, Red must've been moving closer. 

I will help Eri, I don't care how undeserving of being a hero I am. I will make sure no one else gets hurt by my negligence 

Hello Knights,
                              I do apologize for the long (1 month) wait for this chapter, especially with how filler this may seem. School has started once again along with other things so I have much less time to write stuff. I'm gonna keep doing my best to finish out this book soon
Stay Classy Knights

-PaladinAsh