9. Starting Today, You're a Student!

Present Mic's pov

The little listener is being really weird. I haven't been around him much but I know that moping and not responding isn't his flow. I had guessed that he wouldn't want me to buy him anything because he's too polite but he has barely said anything other than, 'ok' or 'sure' or 'no'. I think All Might got to him and that's never a good thing. Most people idolise All Might so him suggesting that they couldn't become a hero would be soul-crushing. I tried repeatedly to cheer him up but nothing worked 

"So got anything you plan on building in school?" I asked "I have a few Idea's for 1A, I should probably talk to 1B to learn their quirks to help them" Izuku replied with a thinking face "And I want to do something to thank Aizawa" He added "aw that's cute, I'm sure I can help with that," I said, my mind thinking of all the things Shota might want "Like what, how would you know what Aizawa wants?" Izuku stared up at me as I stopped "He and I went to UA together, We were thick as thieves along with... another friend" I explained 

After that ice-breaking conversation, we made our way to a food court where Izuku's eyes went wide at the site of a KFC. "Wanna get some?" I asked "Yes please" He replied while hopping up and down. "What do you want?" I asked while walking towards the restaurant. Izuku didn't respond so I tapped his head "Sorry, just thinking" He apologised "Whatcha thinking about in that big brain of yours?" I asked "my mom" He replied simply "Get me anything, I'm going to find a table" He insisted while wheeling off.

TIMESKIP

Izuku's pov

After Hizashi took me to the mall and we spent hours acting like friends, we returned home and I slept till the next morning. My mood had raised but All Might's words remained in my head echoing all last night. I was woken up by my alarm at 6 am and began getting dressed. The pants or hand wasn't tailored so I had floppy tails on them. It's not the most comfortable thing. the final part of the uniform was a tie... I hate ties, they are so unnecessary and ugly... Okay maybe I hate them because I can't tie them properly but that's neither here nor there. 

I wheeled myself into the kitchen and prepared myself a bowl of cereal. It was simple and fast, like breakfast should be. Once finished, I placed it in the dishwasher and headed out the door, bag on the back of my chair and my phone tucked tightly in my pocket. After ten minutes, I was entering UA with every student giving me some form of weird stare. Guess I'm the first amputee they've ever seen. I made my way towards the support department from memory but my attempts were quickly halted when the bell rang and a stampede of students started. 

People were pushing past each other aggressively and I felt my chair shifting uncomfortably a couple too many times. I managed to get myself pushed against a wall between a vending machine and bin where I couldn't get pushed around. I stayed there a good five minutes before the crowd was gone down to barely existing. "Are you  alright?" A blunt voice asked. I looked up to see a familiar-ish lilac haired boy. I quickly dug my phone out of my pocket and responded 

"Yeah, these kids almost ran me over though". Shinso rolled his eyes "Brutes" He mutters. I took a small chuckle before looking at my phone again, 8:35! Oh heck, I'm late! on my first day! Maijima is gonna be so mad! I'm going to be expelled! "Calm down, Why are you here? I thought you were supposed to be dead or something?" Shinso asked. After recomposing myself, I answered, "I managed to prevent it I guess question mark period I'm in the support course now". What a time to spaz out phone!

"Oh, got it, I'll take you to your class. Which one?" Shinso asked. I went to respond only to realise that I hadn't been told so I shrugged. Shinso sighed and wheeled me towards the support wing. Proccess of elimination! Why didn't I think of that? After five minutes, we were outside the 1-F Classroom. Shinso knocked on the door causing Maijima to open it with an annoyed look "Wha- Izuku, I thought I told you to be here at 8?" He asked aggressively. I tilted my head at him, we hadn't seen each other since he told me to call him Maijima.

"Didn't All Might tell you? I told him specifically to tell you in person" He questioned "I didn't see All Might after the mall" I replied "Thank you Shinso, I'll write a note for Mr Aizawa" Maijima said while grabbing a pen and a notepad from his costume. After writing a note, Shinso left and Maijima led me inside "Alright tools down, we have a new student" He announced causing the other students to groan and look up at the top of the room "This is Izuku, He will be accepted as a member of this class or you will have Eraserhead to deal with." Maijima threatened "Go sit by Garcia," He said while pointing at a red-haired boy at the back of the class

"Alright, back to work" Maijima demanded. I looked around questioningly as everyone pulled out a project and started working "You gonna keep on gawking or are you gonna work?" 'Garcia asked. I quickly pulled out my phone to respond but Garcia grabbed it and hid it under the table "Dude, That'll instantly get you on Powerloaders bad side" He scolded "Garcia, as much as I appreciate you trying to keep the peace, he has permission" Maijima said while walking behind us "apologies sir" Garcia replied while placing my phone on the table.

"I'm sorry for getting you at trouble" I quickly said with my phone's volume decreased "S'alright, but why don't you use sign? Wouldn't it be easier?" Garcia asked. I thought of the best way to respond but actions speak louder than words so I simply pulled up my left sleeve, revealing my stub. "Oh crap, sorry if I came off as insensitive" He apologised while producing his own project. "You should start working on something, Teach doesn't appreciate laziness" Garcia added 

"Oh, I didn't bring my notes" I stated. Garcia sighed and rubbed his temple. "Okay well all you're doing right now is distracting me, so please just do something" He requested. I nodded at him and grabbed a piece of paper from a stack on our two-person workshop desk. I began drawing an idea I had for Sero. It was an altered version of his shoulder pads that could re-direct his tape into tighter bonds. I got mostly through the plan when I heard a string of what I assume were curses in Spanish. 

I turned to see Garcia with a small explosion mark on his nose and a broken piece of tech in front of him "What happened?" I asked "Stupid thing couldn't handle the volts I need it to" He replied. I looked down at the machine which I could now tell was a taser. I picked up the broken device and there seemed to be nothing out of place. Until I lifted my glasses and saw a small cut in the wire leading from the power source. I quickly pointed it out to Garcia who facepalmed in response. I returned my glasses to their place on my nose and giggled a bit "Okay, your cool" He muttered while fixing the mistake. "I should properly introduce myself, I'm Rodrigo Garcia. My quirk is magnetism and I'm Filipino" "I'm Izuku"