Chapter 5 - Protagonist: ......

Reader: “Meow ~”

Protagonist: “…”

As soon as the sound came out, Du Ze immediately recovered his common sense. He could have sworn that he saw a surprised expression on the skeleton’s skull. Even a skeleton that couldn’t make any expression was surprised by what he did!

The crazy fan, who had read “Mixed Blood” until he had memorized it in his heart, couldn’t help but feel that his heart was breaking…

Please rewind time!

While ten thousand alpacas were roaring inside his head, the skeleton sitting under the statue suddenly moved. He tried his best to reach out his arm, his white fingers pointing towards Du Ze. Du Ze’s pupils shrank dramatically. He felt that he had never moved so fast before as he dodged the bone spear that was targeting his heart!

The other party wanted to k*ll him.

He didn’t know why, but the thought that he might d*e at the hands of the protagonist made Du Ze feel very uncomfortable.

The bone spear pierced under Du Ze’s arm, close enough to tear off a bit of cloth. Du Ze panicked and his body broke out into a cold sweat. Stunned to see Du Ze unharmed, the skeleton picked up his scythe, acting as though he wanted to stand up. But the skeleton had just exhausted most of his spare energy so he quickly slumped down again. The loud echo he made as he fell down made it seem like he was about to fall apart.

Even so, Xiu did not give up. The bones of his fingers trembled and the fingers spread. Xiu seemed to want to get up but could not. All he could do was to scratch at the ground weakly. This struggle drained the last remnants of his energy. His head hanging and unable to move, Xiu’s eyes never left Du Ze’s body. The soul flames inside his eye sockets continued to dim, but still contained a silent desire and warning.

Du Ze barely had time to rejoice over his survival before he became alarmed at the other party’s movements. He was so shocked that even his thoughts were frozen.

The pitiful person who is lying there struggling so pathetically… is the main character?

In his mind, the protagonist should be an enthusiastic young man. The beloved child of heaven should be arrogant, laughing at the enemy burning into ashes while receiving the love of the whole world. Even when he suffers a setback, that should show how he can overcome all challenges and stand high above everyone. It shouldn’t be like this, being chased by others with no way to escape, like a dying beast struggling desperately.

The stories that made Du Ze feel helpless were never real to him. Yet here was someone who really went through it all: for two years he was chased by the entire mainland, betrayed by his friends, resented by others, and abandoned by the world. He is alone with no place to hide and no place to go. This person is real: someone sitting right in front of him that he can see and even touch.

That person is the main character. His name is Xiu.

Du Ze could never have imagined such a cruel life. Just thinking about it was scary. If all those events had happened to him, he wouldn’t stop at just killing all humans. Every living creature would be the target of his rage – both to eliminate all threats and to feed on their soul energy.

Du Ze was silent. Why did he feel as though he now understood why the protagonist tried to k*ll him?

When a Lich needs to recover from an injury, it’s obvious that Light energy can’t heal him. Only by killing others and devouring their souls would a Lich be able to maintain the undead body at its optimum state and increase its strength.

In the eyes of the protagonist, Du Ze is now a delicious purple bottle of mana + HP restore. (P.S. In online games the red medicine restores HP, blue medicine restores mana, and purple medicine restores both).