Chapter 76 - Protagonist: Do you have someone you like?

The wind made the water of the lake ripple. Vivian’s golden hair danced in the wind and she put a hand up to keep it away from her face. Her eyes widened in surprise when she saw Xiu in the woods but her surprise quickly turned into pleasure “It’s you.”

Xiu was quietly observing Vivian’s expression. When he saw how the girl’s face was filled with joy, he walked out from the shadow of the woods with a smiled and greeted her as though they were two friends who had not seen each other for a while: “Long time no see, did you lose your bracelet in a lake again?”

The lake’s blue surface reflected the image of two people. A long time ago, when Xiu was still a student of the Magic School, they had met when Vivian lost her bracelet in a lake and Xiu helped her find it. Thinking of that time, Vivian began to smile and she stretched out her hand to reveal an old-fashioned chain on her wrist.

“Thank you for helping me find it. To me this is a very important memento.” Vivian’s beautiful eyes stared at Xiu: “Last time, because of an urgent summons, I did not have the chance to thank you before I left. Thank the god of light that we have met again.”

“Me too, seeing you again … I am happy.” Xiu smiled and said: “I did not expect you to be one of the tower climbers.”

The corners of Vivian’s mouth turned up slightly, forming a crescent moon shape. This handsome golden-haired, blue-eyed youth has made a good impression on her. Perhaps because they didn’t exchange names, this person will not compliment her because of her identity. Neither will he approach her because of her beauty. Whether it was the first time they met or the present meeting, they were able to get along with each other naturally, as if they had known each other for a long time.

The two people have a tacit understanding that it’s better not to ask each other’s name. Vivian asked Xiu: “How long have you been here?”

“I just arrived.” Xiu smiled somewhat helplessly: “I haven’t figured out this situation yet.”

“I’m nine days ahead of you so I’m leaving soon,” she said. Vivian winked at Xiu: “Let me give you some tips as a thank you since you helped me last time. We are now in the dragon caves. The lizard creatures will continue to try to to seize our nests and we must hold them off for 10 days. On the last day, the dragon god Io will appear – have you ever heard of Io?”

“Ah, the nine-colored dragon god Io, he can appear as any type of dragon.”

“Yes, Io can transform into any type of dragon. He is strong, but there is a way to weaken him.” Vivian smiled: “There are many troglodyte caves among the dragon caves. They have treasures. Bring those treasures back to your lair. The more of those treasures you have in your lair, the more dragons will drawn to attack it.”

“Each time you kill one of those dragons, you seal one of Io’s dragon forms.” Vivian smiled slightly: “Without his dragon forms, fighting Io won’t be too difficult.”

Xiu looked at the ignorant holy woman. He lowered his eyes and smiled. “Thank you, really… Thank you so much.”

Vivian can’t help but stare at Xiu’s mouth. That person’s hair and smile, they are both as dazzling as the sun.

“I have a friend who looks like you.” Vivian murmured: “He also has a splendid blond hair and is a good knight.”

Xiu’s eyes darkened; knew that Vivian was talking about the son of the lord, Eric.

“If I ever have the chance, I’d like to see the friend you’re talking about.” The curvature of Xiu’s lips was unchanged: “Am I really like him?”