Chapter 25 - Author: That is the proper use of Storage Rings

"Cough, cough, cough ..."

Violet was coughing in the smoke and wanted to climb up from the ground, but there was a sharp pain on her back. She was able to reach out a hand to feel the ground before everything in her vision turned red. In that moment she could only form a battle aura around herself for defense before the explosion swept across everything around her.

There was silence. In the smoke, Violet could not see her companions. After resting for a while, the demon girl stood up, softly calling out: "Lord Xiu ... Mr. Du Ze?"

No response.

She remembered their location when last she saw them, so first she went to where Xiu had been resting. She did not find him. Violet then went to the center of the explosion. There she found the two of them huddled together. Xiu had his back to Violet and he was holding the other person in his bosom. The Lich's body was badly damaged, but with his death aura he was recovering at a speed visible to the naked eye.

The smell of blood grew stronger. Violet went to Xiu's side and was shocked to see the black-haired youth in the Lich's arms. No matter how you looked at it, that person was clearly dying. Even with the Lich protecting Du Ze's body with his, they were just too close to the Flame Lord's explosion. Sharp stone fragments had penetrated Du Ze's chest, making his blood flow unceasingly.

Among all races, the dragons have the strongest physique while the weakest are the gnomes, followed by the humans. Violet was surprised and puzzled; is Du Ze really just a human, not a dragon?

Xiu hugged Du Ze silently. For the first time, Violet saw a dazed and bewildered expression on the Lich's face.

Xiu was frozen, as though he were afraid that any movement would cause the youth in his arms to stop breathing.

Why is he so scared?

The man can only stay by his side.

If this man were to die, he could still make an undead puppet of him, so why is he so worried?

This person is different.

Since when did he start to think that?

This person is important - why is this person important?

The Lich's strong death aura forced Violet to back up a little. It gave one the feeling that anyone nearby would be quickly killed.

Xiu was frowning, trying to think of a way to save Du Ze. Actually, there was no need to heal Du Ze completely. If he can just keep the youth alive until midnight, then that person will not die. But all he can use at this time is the undead magic, which represents torture and death.

Since the undead can't do it, Xiu coldly thought that a change would come in handy.

A white flame leapt up, illuminating the symbol on the torch.

Violet raised a hand to her mouth in amazement when a man with splendid blond hair appeared. The man gently pressed down on the black-haired youth's wound. Inside the volcano filled with dark elements, there was a sudden glow of healing.

 Inside the volcano filled with dark elements, there was a sudden glow of healing