Chapter 15 - Protagonist: Do not leave my line of sight.

The Minotaur sneezed. Guarding the gate was very boring. He began to idly daydream about the Succubus last night – not only did that little demon want to drain his essence, she also wanted to empty his wallet. His companion today was sleepy and grumpy, complaining, “Bah, this is bad luck. I have to be on guard duty today right after the elemental storm. There’s no way to get extra income here.”

Everyone who enters the city must pay a fee. Of course, the guards on duty often manage to raise the price whenever a suspicious person appears. However, during the elemental storm, except for really powerful people, no one would stay out in the open. Most people will stay inside one of the 72 cities to wait for the storm to pass.

The Minotaur was just about to nod his head to agree with his companion when he saw a person approaching. That person’s appearance was very strange … A traveler? He had a book in his hand. Covered with a tattered black cloak, the only thing that could be seen of that person was some black air peeking out from under an equally tattered black hood. When he came closer the Minotaur could smell the blood on the black robe, which was woven from the dark elements. Everywhere around him was the dark element and the faint aura of death.

With his swordsman’s strength, the Minotaur could sense that the person in front of him was so weak that he would collapse if the Minotaur hit him even once. But his instincts told him this person was not that simple. Seeing that the unusual traveller was walking past them to enter Halphas City, his companion said: “Halt!”

The man paused and leaned sideways. The Minotaur could not see him clearly. Beneath the hood, the man looked out from a mass of black hair. His cold eyes nailed the guard in place. The Minotaur’s brain seemed to freeze. Stopping his companion who was ready to assume an awe-inspiring pose, he said, respectfully: “Sir, to enter the city you must pay 10 silver coins.”

The man paused, then took out 10 silver coins from his pocket which he handed over. The Minotaur accepted it and said, voice deferential: “I hope that the gentleman will have a pleasant stay in Halphas City.”

When the man left, his companion looked at the 10 coins in shock: “Old Ox, the city entrance fee is 15 pieces of silver! Are you crazy?!”

The Minotaur looked at his companion as though he was an idiot: “Do you know what I just said?”

His companion shook his head. In the previous conversation, the Minotaur used a language he had never heard.

“That was the Ancient Magic language. Only the high demon clan use that language. I only know about two sentences of it. Did you see his black hair?” he said. “I didn’t see his eyes but he must have the deep purple eyes of a high-level demon!”

The angel race’s strength can be quantified based on the number of wings they had. As for the demon race, their power is concentrated in their eyes. All of the high-level demons have black hair and purple or black eyes. The darker the eye color, the more powerful they were.

The Minotaur’s companion finally understood. He felt frightened but luckily he was stopped by the Old Ox and did not offend the powerful demon.

Right at that moment the “powerful demon” was also frightened. Fortunately, that “medicine delivery service” brother had enough coins on his corpse to allow Du Ze to enter the city.

In “Mixed Blood,” the protagonist entered the city without having to pay … Well, at that time the cruel protagonist had seized the city by force, therefore there was no one who dared to ask him to pay the entrance fee.