Chapter 51 - Protagonist: The one month deadline is now.

The ground shook violently. Du Ze couldn’t find a stable footing and almost fell down. The noise seemed to be a prelude to some event since there was a commotion outside and panicked voices could be heard even inside the temple

“My God! The demons are attac- ”

Her voice suddenly stopped. Du Ze felt a little bit of weight on his back as the air nearby was disturbed. He turned his head and saw the blood contract beast’s face that was made of runes.

——I found you.

The light god grunted and the blood contract beast’s body broke apart. The red runes floated to the temple’s gate and stuck there, outlining the gate in a scarlet pattern. The runes slowly dissolved the gate until it became a powdery substance that was blown away by the wind. A demon was standing right outside the gate, the light shining from behind outlining his body.

“Come here.”

Just those words… whenever he hears that familiar call, whenever and wherever, Du Ze will go to that person.

Seeing Du Ze walk away, the god of light sighed. A ball of light flew to Du Ze’s side, turned into a snake-like rope made of light, and tied up Du Ze. A purple electric flash sliced through the light rope. Xiu, his speed enhanced by his wings, used his sword to cut the humanoid light figure, but one touch was enough to let Xiu know that the enemy is made of pure energy. All physical attacks are ineffective.

Xiu did not pause and immediately unleashed his lightning power. With a “boom! crackle!” sound, the humanoid figure burst apart. Electric arcs leaped everywhere. Above the temple, the faint outline of the light figure could be seen as the god of light reformed the humanoid figure. He looked down at Xiu as though he was looking at an excessively naughty child.

There are light elements all around, so the god of light cannot be extinguished. All light is the weapon of the god of light.

“Zizi.”

A sizzling sound filled the air as Xiu’s skin burned and began to smoke wherever the light touched his body. Du Ze had disappeared; obviously, the god of light was playing tricks on him. Xiu retreated to the shadows. The god waved and the temple suddenly darkened as all the light elements were gathered in front of the god, dazzling the eyes so that no one can look at it directly.

“I am the god of light. Evil can only hide in the darkness. I will not let you hide.”

“Ah…” Xiu looked up, revealing a pair of purple eyes with the demon’s vertical pupils: “Let’s see who will really… have no place to hide!”

Two terrifyingly powerful elemental forces collided as enormous flashes of lightning bombarded the god of light and the light elements in front of him. Du Ze had to cover his eyes with his hands; that terrible clash of powers could burn out a man’s eyes.

Xiu’s eyes grew brighter and brighter and the purple lightning gradually turned gold, becoming half solid. The god of light hadn’t expected Xiu to have this sort of power and started drawing more power for himself. Because Xiu had gotten the drop on him, the god of light became careless and accidentally drew too much power.

“!”

At that instant, Du Ze felt himself drawn into a familiar bosom and Xiu used his wings to envelop two people.

“Boom!”

The whole temple exploded, forming a vacuum in the form of a ball of light. The warring angels and demons paused for a moment to look at the temple. After the explosion of light, the temple was destroyed. The ruins smoked and a pair of bat wings unfolded, exposing two people.