Part 2 Special Episode: Four Years

The gnome’s record reads: ______ gave the wheel of time to the gnome race.

Xiu rummaged through all of the gnome’s data and never found the name that should be in that blank space. According to all of the information he could access, the gnomes attempted to manipulate the law of time, thus they were erased by time, but the deliberately erased name implies that things are not that simple. Xiu stared blankly at the blank. He wanted to know who this person is. Compared to the gnomes of old who wanted to manipulate time itself, Xiu was more concerned with snatching control of the wheel of time from that unknown person.

Since he could not find the master of the artifact, then he would need to work directly on the artifact itself.

Yet even if he has earned his six-star credentials, he is still unable to shake the wheel of time. The immense wheel, as always, was quiet and shining, as if laughing at mortal powerlessness and presumptuousness.

If mortals cannot control it, then … What about a god?

Xiu took out Dan’s note and tore it apart without hesitation.

Three days later, the green-clothed merchant appeared in the Gnome ruins.

“Gee, you really made me look hard for you.” Dan took the book in his right hand, looking at the steel city with great interest. “Luckily, the channel is open, otherwise I would have a credibility crisis.”

Dan addressed the flaxen-haired gnome. “That must be Your Excellency’s masterpiece. So, what kind of deal do you want to make with me this time?”

“Get my companion out of it.” Xiu pointed to the wheel of time. “I will pay anything.”

“I didn’t see the human, was he sucked in?” Dan glanced at the wheel of time, and then asked Xiu to confirm it again: “What’s the reward?”

After getting Xiu’s affirmation, Dan went to the front of the wheel of time and pressed his hand on it. “How exciting!”

The light of the wheel of time became more dazzling but Dan jerked back a few steps. He was silent for a while then said to Xiu: “It’s a pity but I’m afraid I’m incapable of completing this transaction.”

“You are a god… you really can’t do anything?”

Dan’s eyes narrowed and his normally harmless demeanor was replaced by a terrifying manner. In a flash Old John moved in front of Xiu, falling into an attack posture.

“You know?” Dan’s voice was very light and dangerous: “How did you find out?”

“Answer my previous question,” said Xiu, still standing upright even in the face of pressure as heavy as a mountain, “and I’ll tell you.”

Dan gazed coldly at Xiu. It was as though he was looking at an ant.

The sweat slid down the gnome’s cheek and the whole room seemed to solidify.

The next moment, Dan patted the book on his forehead, and went back to his usual harmless appearance.

“Your Excellency really makes me feel embarrassed. I don’t want to lose such a satisfied customer.” Dan raised the book slightly, revealing a bitter face. “It is a master artifact that can be destroyed but not controlled – only its master can control it.”

Xiu already knew this but he did not think that even a god cannot seize control of the wheel of time. “Who is its master?

“I don’t know.” Dan shook his head: “I can only say that it gave me the feeling that I should not meddle with this object… Don’t look at me like that, a god is not omnipotent, not to mention I can’t use my power now. Maybe one day your partner will come out.”