ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ #01 :

Heavy breathe escaped Hanabi's lips, hanged open and gasping for air. Her fist clenched, frustrated and feeling so ashamed of her self.

" just give up already Hanabi " she gritted her teeth out of frustration .
" what made you think that I'll give up ? " she glared at him
" well , you lose again . You keep challenging me for a duel every full moon but end up always losing  " his cold gaze meeting hers . She felt her rage rising up to her head.
" Hayabusa , you ... "
" just give it a rest " Hayabusa cutting her words off as he turned his back at her .

" where are you going ? " he don't bother to answer her and just continue on walking.

He blinked to the tall tree in front of him and transfer to the other trees , not stopping until he reached the highest roof top at the Scarlet Shadow territory . Hanabi following him .

He sat at the roof and watch the whole village , many thoughts pouring in his mind . Hanabi sat beside him and stared at the village below them .

" Next time . I promise to beat you " determination in her voice.

Hayabusa glanced at her , amused . He was amused at how competitive and consistent Hanabi is .

" you better do it then " he said and laid his back at the roof , his head resting to his hands .

" The moon never always fail me to think about home. " Hanabi turned her gaze at him , watching his every movement especially watching the reflection of the moon through his eyes .

Her heart throbbed at the sight . She was feeling it again . Whenever she looked to those captivating eyes , reflecting the moon above them .

He turned his gaze to her and she immediately looked away , fixing her eyes to the full moon shining brightly, giving light to their dark village.

Hanabi gripped her scarlet blade tightly.

" I'm going to be akakage " she said with determination in her voice .

Hayabusa stared at her intently . Hanabi is a strong rival , she's confident , competitive and have potential too . So , he won't even wonder if she'll going to be an akakage someday .

Hanabi caught him staring at her , and there again . The fast beating of her heart . She looked away, worried that Hayabusa might caught her blushing face . Hayabusa turned his attention again at the full moon above them .

" and I will find that guy " he utter. Hanabi stared at him , wondering who the hell he was talking about but she stop the urge to asked him a question .

Silence filled the two of them while quietly staring at the bright moon .

She turned her gaze to Hayabusa who was so drown on his thoughts . He was just staring at the moon above . His face expression unreadable . Hanabi felt something stirring and burning inside her just by looking at the man beside her .

She drowned to his mysterious eyes , reflection of the silver moonlight in Hayabusa's eyes .

She was aware of her feelings towards her fellow ninja , but her pride as a  girl stopping her to confess .

Her heart throbbed so fast again . Realizing how much she had fallen in love with Hayabusa .

🥀