ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ #𝟸0:

" stay behind me "

Hayabusa uttered as he grabbed Hanabi's wrist tightly, keeping her hidden behind him.

Hanabi shook her head promptly, trying to focus on what's been going on. She can't just smile there and do a staring contest with Hanzo.

Hanabi pulled her wrist out of Hayabusa's touch, making the shadow ninja glare at her.

" I told you to stay be--- "
" I can't just hide and be a burden " she cut him off.

She turned her attention to the Akuma ninja when he suddenly blurts a soft laugh.

" Let her be, " Hanzo says, keeping his glowing crimson eyes on her.

Even though Hanabi wanted to grin at him right now she instantly stopped herself and kept a straight face.

" Yeah, cause I've been wanting to kick your ass these past weeks " she uttered bluntly.

" Is that so? " Hanzo asked, his brows furrowed.

" Yeah, you heard it right " she responded as she summons her scarlet blade.

Hanabi's brows furrowed as she saw a glint of amusement in the Akuma's eyes. He just can't stop himself from admiring her, can he?

" Please go easy on me miss " he retorted in a mocking tone.

" No--- "
" stop the chit-chat already! " Julian's sudden shout cut her words off.

The velvet-haired guy suddenly hurls a flying scythe toward Hanzo's direction and Hanzo simply blinked and avoided it.

" at least hit me with your best shot " Hanzo uttered bluntly as his hideous sword suddenly appeared out of thin air.

Hanabi fights the urge to smile, finding him very cool.

Hanabi fixed her gaze between Hayabusa and Julian when they suddenly situated in their fighting stance.

Hanabi bites her lower lip as her hands began to tremble. Is she really going to fight him?! can she?

She knew it! tugging along with Hayabusa is a terrible idea. She wishes she should have just stayed and snoozed in her bed peacefully.

It was all her father's fault!

Hayabusa summoned his shadows while Julian grips his chain tightly as soon as the both of them started running towards the Akuma at a fast pace.

Julian hurls a flying scythe once again as Hayabusa throws three shurikens toward Hanzo's direction.

Their eyes widened when the demon suddenly disappeared out of thin air.

" Behind you! " they heard Hanabi shout as they immediately turned their head and almost stumbled on their feet when a hideous creature suddenly appears, ready to devour them.

They immediately blink away and Julian hurls a flying scythe in the creature's direction and successfully hits it making the demon creature groan in pain.

Hanabi can't help but tremble in fear while watching the three of them. She can't do anything, doesn't know what to do, doesn't know what to think as to whom to choose a side.

She flinched when Julian suddenly came flying a meter away, his back hits a tree which made him groan in pain. She immediately ran towards him and helped him stand up.

" Are you alright? " she asked, her hands were trembling while checking if he had broken bones because of the hard impact.

" Do I fucking look okay to you?! " he grunts " I was just asking! " she exclaimed.