Chapter #28:

"what h-happened to her?" the lady ninja asked with a crease on her forehead. Her voice is shaking as her eyes began to water.

"S-she was found-" Julian didn't get to finished what he was about to say when Hanabi suddenly broke down in tears as she began on calling Mina's name.

"M- Mina... I want to see her, now!"
"Untie me, please. I beg you." she said, more like pleasing.

Hesitation were present on Julian's face but immediately ran to her direction anyway. Julian was about to untie the knot but a strong hand hold his wrist, stopping his attempt to free the lady ninja.

"Do not touch her." the Scarlet Grandmaster said with full authority apparent on its voice.

"Father... b-but, she's my friend. I want to see her, at least." she pleaded.

"Step out of this room, son. I have something to discuss with my daughter."

"I understand what you want to happen, sir. But, our friend just died and I want us to at least mourn over-"

"Are you trying to oppose your Grandmaster's order?" though, she cannot see them behind her, she could still imagine her father's face just by hearing his commanding voice.

"I'm afraid, yes, sir."

A long silence enveloped the room. The only sound that could be heard was the loud cries of the people outside.

"Father... please." Hanabi mumbled under her breath.

The lady ninja did not hear any response from her father, totally wondering what's going on behind her. And she has no plan on knowing though.

Hanabi heard a deep sigh that is obviously from her father. She heard footsteps coming towards her direction until it stop. She felt a hand caressing her tied wrist.

"I've heard something about you, daughter. And... I refused to believe it."

"About what exactly?" Hanabi asked, totally confused.

The Scarlet Grandmaster went silent for a few minutes and only let out a deep sigh. Again, the lady ninja hears footsteps as she tries to observe her surroundings. The loud cries outside finally subsided which made her more determined to step outside and check if everything's alright, that, the higher-ups didn't do anything bad to Mina's dead body.

"untie-" the Scarlet Grandmaster didn't get to finished what he was about to say when a baritone voice suddenly interrupted.

"No, don't let the young lady escape... again." just by hearing and feeling its voice and dark presence, Hanabi can certainly tell that it was the Shadow Grandmaster.

A woman wearing a black kimono suddenly appeared in front of Hanabi and gave her the warmest smile she ever received from someone. And not just that, the woman looks like from her mid- thirties, a plump lips, sharp nose, and a pair of eyes that are clouded over.

Hanabi flinched when a pair of hands suddenly cupped her face. The female ninja could feel every strand of hair in her body rose up. There's just something about her touch that makes her uneasy and... anxious.

Hanabi abruptly closed her eyes when the woman suddenly lean towards her and sniff the side of her face.

"He's coming..." Hanabi could feel the smile that suddenly crept into her lips. She cannot help but feel goosebumps. But then, the words that the woman whispered made her totally confused and bewildered.

"What---" she didn't get to continue what she was about to say when the woman finally returned to her default position.

"So, is this the girl?" she asked.
"Yes." it's Hayabusa.
"No wonder you see this poor and fragile girl as a threat." she responded wearing a smirk on her beautiful face.
"A threat?" Hanabi asked, totally have no idea about the situation.