ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ #𝟷7:

HANABI get up on her bed lazily as she headed toward the bathroom. Hanabi shivers as the cold water from the shower brushed her naked body.

Her eyes were swollen because of almost a month of crying every night and lack of sleep because of overthinking.

It has been a month since she decided to lock herself up in her room, not interacting with anyone except her father. The other ninjas sometimes stop by and would ask about her well-being but she refused to entertain them, even Mina and Sana.

Hayabusa once visited her inside her room but she just pretended that she was sleeping, avoiding him on purpose. She even heard him say that he'll come back if ever she already feels better. Hanabi could only cry in silence feeling his presence behind her.

Everyone believe that she was going through some kind of illness but the truth is she was barely coping with herself, trying not to lose her sanity with all the things that weigh on her mind. It was like the never-ending guessing of anonymous emotions.

Hanabi hugs herself under the water, trying to soothe and wash away the torturous thoughts.

After she took a bath. She wore a kimono and tied her hair into a bun, she also wear light make-up. They were expecting a visitor tonight. She badly want to refuse his father's request to join the dinner but he was consistent and even begged just for her to agree.

Hanabi checked herself for the last time in the mirror before going out of her room. The sound of her footsteps was the only noise she can hear in the quiet corridor of their house, heading towards the small dining area where the rest are.

Hanabi heaves a deep breath and forced a smile before thoroughly entering the dining area.

" Good eve--- " she was taken aback as Her heart dropped recognizing the man in front of her, also wearing a traditional cloth.

" G- good evening" she resumed as his worried eyes came across with her anxious orbs. She immediately looks away feeling the tears suddenly tempting to escape her eyes.

Then a memory of that day entered her mind again. When Hayabusa suddenly disappeared beside her while she was busy picking flowers. She looked for him and end up wandering into a dark alley on the street. The road she was striding was connected to another alleyway.  She followed the path but immediately decided to go back as the alleyway becomes darker. When she was about to walk away, familiar voices made her stop and sneaked silently. She hid behind the wall before peeking and her heart almost stop beating seeing Hayabusa and Kagura embracing each other so dearly.

If she could turn back time she would have just ignored Hayabusa's missing presence and waited for him in that flower stall cause the things she saw and heard that day were still hunting her.

Hanabi steps closer, avoiding anyone's gaze as the Shadow Grandmaster and Hayabusa stands up. Hanabi stood up beside her father and bow her head down, showing respect.

" look at you Hanabi, already grown up and even got prettier through the years " Hayabusa's father complimented as she only nods her head, uttering " thank you "

Hanabi's father gestures for them to sit down as he sat beside the Shadow Grandmaster. Hayabusa frowned but immediately sat beside Hanabi. He got no choice though.

Hanabi keeps a straight face, only glancing at Hayabusa beside her in peripheral vision.

Their attention snaps to the Shadow Grandmaster hearing him clear his throat.

" I am going straight to the point. I don't like wasting time" he stated.

The two of them just nodded, neither of them know what to respond to.