ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ #𝟷5:

HANABI's hug tighter against Hayabusa letting him know how she misses him, how she'd been longing and yearning for him. How she misses his smell and touch. How much she missed everything about him.

A sob escaped her lips as Hayabusa hushed her and rub her back in a gentle and comforting way.

" such a cry baby" she heard Hayabusa chuckle. A smile escapes Hanabi's lips, realizing how much she misses his voice too. She's been dying to hear his voice again.

Hanabi flinched when a hand touch hers. She lifted her gaze and immediately recognized Kagura. Hanabi let go of Hayabusa and turned her attention to her.

" hey," she utter and pulled Kagura towards her, giving her a warm embrace.
" I missed you " Kagura muttered. Hanabi just nodded while caressing her hair.

Even though she finds the onmyouji master annoying. She's still glad that she came back safely with Hayabusa. She somehow missed her presence too.

The breakfast ended with their joyous laughter and chuckles. After their breakfast, they decided to stroll around the village and met the other ninjas along the way. Sana and Mina were too stunned to speak seeing Kagura and Hayabusa. Julian and Yukata were with them too.

Hanabi's brows furrowed seeing Julian's cold expression turned to a delighted one, his cold stares turned soft as his gaze laid on Kagura while Yukata just stand up beside Hanabi, clueless about what's been happening.

Hanabi turned her gaze to Mina beside her when she held her wrist. Hanabi's forehead crinkled giving her a ' what do you want? ' look.

" are you happy now? " Mina asked her as she gestures her head towards Hayabusa walking ahead of them, talking to Yukata.
" what? " Hanabi asked back, don't have any plans to answer her question.

Hanabi glares darted at her when she clung her hands to hers. Mina leans into her ear and whispered.

" I know you like him. "

Hanabi just stared at her wearing a blank expression on her face as soon as she move away. Hanabi just shrugged her shoulder, already expecting that Mina might have noticed her feelings towards Hayabusa too.

" of course, I'm glad that they came back safe together" Hanabi utter in a low voice as she turned her gaze to Hayabusa's back.

Her gaze turned soft when she heard Hayabusa's chuckles. Yukata and he were starting to get along.

Hanabi's heart was like melting seeing his smile. Hayabusa has always had that effect on her. Her heart would abruptly skip a beat whether he was close. Even until now, the feelings never change.

" what are you talking about? huh? " their attention snaps to Kagura when she suddenly came in between Hayabusa and Yukata, her hand clinging to the shadow ninjas.
" he's telling me of his experiences when he tried to scold Julian and how it all went wrong" Hayabusa responded while trying to hold back his laugh.

Kagura chuckles and turned her attention to Yukata.

" Really? What happened then? " she asked, her voice filled with giddiness.
" forgot that he's a ninja and beat the hell out of me" Yukata says.

Kagura snaps her gaze behind us, her face frowning as she finds Julian's face.

" That was awful." she uttered. Julian just shrugged his shoulder and looks away.

Hanabi looks down, suddenly finds the ground interesting. Her eyes watered, and her heart started aching for some unknown reason. She wasn't trying to look bitter, but the jealousy was consuming her system every time they were getting along with random stuff and how comfortable they were with each other, always has been.