ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ #𝟷8:

IT HAS BEEN THREE DAYS since they announced that Yukata was undoubtedly missing.

Drawing of him was pasted on every post and wall of establishments. They had been asking a random person if ever they saw him somewhere before he got missing but they heard the same answer.

No one had seen him and that was enough to build fear in them. The news reached the Grandmaster and declined to send a hedge of ninjas to help find Yukata.

Hanabi was upset about it but her father only respond ' external crises that don't involve ninjas aren't their dilemma '.

Hanabi can feel her rage surging after her father didn't allow her to help find Yukata this time. She could only whisper various profanities while staring at the ceiling of her room and waiting for Julian to arrive, hoping to bring good news.

Yukata isn't dumb enough to let himself lose in the woods. Thus, they assumed that bandits has abducted him.

Hanabi could only scold him in her mind for being careless and that's what he got for always carrying a large amount of money with him.

It was already nighttime when Julian arrived and brought the same news. There was no trace of him everywhere. Hanabi could hardly let out a deep sigh. Fear and anxiety built in her mind, not knowing what to do with the situation.

Julian bid his farewell to her and decided to come back tomorrow if ever he had seen any traces of Yukata. Hanabi merely nods. Her mind was spacing out the whole time. What-ifs had filled her mind along with the random wicked things that she can imagine.

She shakes her head promptly, shooking the idea out of her mind.

Hours had passed and the kunoichi finds herself still staring at the ceiling. It was already past midnight and sleep seemingly skipped its visit to her.

Hanabi lost count of how many she had been heaving a deep sigh. Nausea and apprehension filled her system whenever she thinks of Yukata.

Her heart unknowingly racing. An uneasy feeling enveloped her chest. It was like something bad happened.

She rips the odd feeling and forces herself to sleep.

SERIES OF KNOCKS made Hanabi jolt in her bed.

She gazes at her opened window and the sun hasn't risen yet. She got off of her bed lazily, eager to scold the person behind the door for not giving her a lengthy sleep.

As soon as she opens the door Julian's obnoxious orbs met hers.

" Hanabi... "

Hanabi's eyes widen seeing the tears slowly dripping down his eyes. His face was pale as if he had just seen a ghost.

" Hey... " as the female ninja gulps.

" We found Yukata... " Julian swallowed before continuing " dead... we found him dead "

Hanabi's lips apart. Not knowing what to respond. She was too stunned to speak.

She grasps the edge of the door for support, feeling her head spinning. She swallowed greedily as her body started trembling, beads of sweat forming on her forehead.

She snaps her gaze back to Julian who was sobbing silently.

" w- what did you say? "
" Yukata is dead " he sobs.

Hanabi stumbled to her feet as her hands covered her mouth, holding back the sobs that tempting to escape her lips.

" w- what-- are you kidding me? " she mumbled.
" How could I fucking joke about that?" Julian exclaimed, his eyes were raging with sadness.