ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ #07 :

" Hayabusa! "

Hayabusa haulted upon hearing Hanabi's voice . He's going to the Scarlet Grandmaster to tell him that he'll leave this night , as soon as possible .

He turned his gaze to his fellow ninja . Hanabi is running towards his direction .

" what is it ? " he asked , the female ninja was already in front of him , catching her breathe .

" let's meet in our training place later , b- before you leave "
" I- I have something to tell you " she said in a low-shy voice .

" okay , I'll be waiting " he respond.

A smile formed on Hanabi's lips .

" so , where are you going ? " Hanabi ask as they started walking .
" to your father , actually . I'll just inform him that I'll be leaving tonight "
" oh "

Hanabi felt her heart sunk . Just the thought of Hayabusa not being around somehow made her feel so lonely .

Yes , they were rivals since they were kids but you can't change the fact that Hanabi somehow treated Hayabusa as a friend , a dear friend . She already got attached to her fellow ninja so you can't really expect her to not worry about him , leaving for an unknown mission .

They finally arrived at the Scarlet Supreme Grandmaster's place and Hanabi bid her good bye so that Hayabusa and her father can have their privacy .

Hanabi hurriedly went to the kitchen . She want to make a bento of red bean rice for Hayabusa . So that , he have something to eat while he's travelling .

Hanabi stared at her hands . Full of calluses , cuts and not fully healed wounds . Hanabi take a deep breathe and wash her hands , starting to prepare the ingredients.

Hanabi can't help but sigh in awe as she stared at her work . Just thinking of giving this to Hayabusa made her blush . She's going to confess tonight. Finally this time , she's brave enough to tell Hayabusa what she really felt but the hesitation and fear is still there , the what ifs. Hanabi shook her head . Rejected or not she's willing to respect Hayabusa's decision .

It's already dark when Hanabi's sparring with her father ended . She immediately took a bath and wore a kimono , she tied her hair in a ponytail and prepared the bento.

She immediately got out of their house and take the path to their meeting place. She ran faster when the rain started to pour along with the grumbles and growls of the thunder.

She held the bento box closer to her chest as she ran faster .

Finally , she arrived.

A smile escaped Hanabi's lips seeing Hayabusa standing , waiting in a big oak tree , holding an umbrella. Her heart started throbbing. Her heart beats for him . She love him .

Hanabi started running to his direction and immediately taken a back .

What is she doing here ?

Hanabi watch the onmyouji master running towards Hayabusa's direction . They were talking of something that made Hanabi curious.

" Kagura ? "
" Hayabusa! I'll go with you " a furrow formed on Hayabusa's brows .
" what are you talking about ? "
" I... I--- I can't imagine myself not having you by my side . I think I'll lose my mind not seeing you , touching you . So please, let me come with you . I won't be burden . I promise "

Hayabusa froze in his spot , his mouth hanged open .

" Please "
" K- Kagura "
" Pleaseee.. I'm begging you " Hayabusa swallowed the lump in his throat . Not knowing what to say .

" o- okay but promise me that you'll behave--- " his words got cut off when the onmyouji master throw herself to him , hugging him .

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Hanabi froze in her spot while watching Kagura and Hayabusa embracing each other . She can't feel her body . Her mind was telling her to just run away but her body choose to stay still , not moving . She held the bento box closer to her chest , holding it tightly .

" w- why do you have to always get on my way ? " her eyes started to watered but she hold it in . Not making herself feels pityful and weak.

She swallowed the lump in her throat , decided to just go home .

She decided to turn around, just go home when a pair of eyes made her stilled at her place .

" H- Hayabusa " she whispered.

Hayabusa let go of Kagura and turn his attention to his fellow ninja . Kagura followed his gaze.

" Hanabi ? it's Hanabi " she waved her hands but she got no respond from the female ninja .

Hanabi felt her body stilled . Her heart is beating so fast . Nervous at the sudden attention . Her body is trembling not knowing what to do .

She let out a deep sigh and started walking to their direction .

What's the use of running away ? They saw her already .

She avoided to stare at them , avoiding any eye contact . Her eyes are staring straight at the dark alley of their village . She held the bento box closer to her chest as she felt her heart beats faster and faster at her every step .

" Hanabi " he called her name .

But the female ninja didn't bother to stop . His gaze turn to the bento box that she's holding. Hayabusa immediately offered the umbrella he was holding but the female ninja just merely walk past through him . A sad smile escaped his lips . He want to at least bid his good bye to his childhood before he leaves . They somehow made memories when they were kids.

" good bye... Hanabi "

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Her tears started to drop non-stop along with the loud grumbling and growling of the thunder . The sky is grieving with her . She ain't dead but her heart is . Her cries started to get louder along with the loud sound of the rain . She hastily throw the bento box . She don't care anymore. The aching of her heart is the only thing she felt in the moment . She held her chest tightly as her knees started to felt weak , she slowly sat in the cold street of their village , holding her dear heart. Wishing that it would stop aching , hoping the pain would vanish , hoping she couldn't feel pain anymore, hoping she would just disappear.

" Good bye... Hayabusa " she cried.

The wind turned harsh and strong .

Swirling.

As if the wind was whispering something. The breeze turned colder and colder as if someone is controlling it , as if someone literally felt the same amount of coldness .

His dangerous eyes darted to the woman who was grieving in the middle of the dark alleys , not caring of the rain nor if someone might see her in her weakest state . Then a smile crept across his face .

" I'll come and get you "

🌹

Sorry for the late updates </3