Chapter 7 : The Confrontation

Gems p.o.v.

Alright, this guys gonna get the shiz kicked outa him in about ten seconds if he doesn't respond. I mean, why would he kidnap me? He poisoned me or something and made me turn into a giant wolf for gods sakes! What does he think will happen now, I'll jump into his arms and thank him for turning me into some genetically mutated freak? His lips move up and down, in an attempt to speak and I'm pretty sure he's restarted one sentence ten times already.

His chocolate colored windows were completely unguarded, and I could see the uncertainty and shock in his eyes. The people around us seemed to freeze in shock, and they all stopped whatever they were doing to stare right at the two of us.

I don't like it, the feeling of over a hundred pairs of eyes on me makes me want to give them a damn good reason to stare. I'm probably a sight for sore eyes anyway... My beanie seems to be the only article of my clothing that was taken off me, and my short Mohawk styled hair is anything but in place.

My legs are spread an equal distance apart and my arms are tensed at my sides in a mutual fighting stance. The frustration bottled up in me is easily festering at the surface, and it doesn't take a scientific genius to tell that I'm pissed.

The stranger seems to be enhanced by something, and his fruitless effort to explain is long gone. Why I can tell this you ask? Simple, his eyes are directed at me in a dazed fashion, and he's looking at me the way I look at a triple glazed donut.

The hair on the back of my neck stands up at attention, and my fists only clench when he doesn't remove his eyes in a timely manner. " God dang it, I asked you for an explanation and I'll be damned if I don't get it!" Gasps erupt from the crowd and flow around the lawn like lava, probably at my use of vulgar language in front of the children. Even so, I can't say I really care. Their buddy kidnaped me after all.

Without warning, my fists fly up towards the collar of his muscle defining t-shirt and I lift him off the ground with ease. " Where the hell am I, and why am I here?" I growl lowly at him, flashing him a view of my ferocious snarl. Another gasp was shared among the people around us, and to be honest it's starting to get annoying.

He seems taken back for a moment and for a second I think I see hurt flash through his chocolate depths, but I brush it off. What in hades would he feel hurt for? " Please let me down so I can explain things to you, love." His voice shocks me again, and for a moment I almost loose focus. Through our close contact I can feel his chest rumble slightly with each word.

It's deep and husky, and I find that a part of me actually enjoys the new sound. A part of me, that is... His arms extend down and before I know it two large hands are placed on top of my own. The same weird sparks burst out on to my skin and dance around in my blood. My breathing hitches, and my eyes widen slightly.

Oh god, what if this is some weird side effect to my new found wolfness? But they don't cause me any pain though. When his words finally process, my anger only skyrockets. Who does he think he is calling me by a term of endearment? I'm not his love! " Don't you dare call me that you disgusting piece of shit! Now I'll only ask one more time, where the hell am I??!!?"

I swear to god I'm not lying, after I said that I'm positive that he growled at me. No I'm not joking, not only did I hear if but I also felt his chest rumbling underneath my hands. The whole crowd seems to cower under the dominant sound, and a few of them even get on their knees.

His eyes flash with anger, and before I can blink his melting chocolate eye color is replaced by something else. Gone is the warming beauty of his dark eyes, instead they are replaced with a bright shade of blinding gold. His pupils stretch out into black slits, and they resemble a cats eyes very much. In a flash his large calloused hands are gripping my wrists tightly.