Chapter 16 : Heat Denial

A huge shoutout to @Rockinwiz for the beautiful new cover!!! Go show her love!

Gems p.o.v.

So here I am right. In the middle of the woods with a horny werewolf and no backup. Freaking fantastic.

When he dragged me out here, my first thought was that maybe he finally decided to stop fighting with the demonic voices in his head and sacrifice me to Satan, but I guess it's never that simple.

Whatever is going on in his almost non-existent brain is starting to piss me off. I mean honestly, in the middle of a really good rant session too! I was going into Donald Trumps toupee and shit!

    Although I'm pretty sure he wasn't listening... He just stared at me with this glazed over look in his eyes, that honestly creeped me out a little bit. I'm no idiot, I know the expression that gleaned in his eyes and was displayed on his face. Lust.

   That's why, from the moment he picked me up and ran out the door faster than Forest Gump, I knew there was gonna be a serious throw down when I escaped his hold.

   The moment he peeled his shirt off, flung it God knows where into the forest, and wasted no time in climbing on top of me with that same glint in his eye- those little red flags popped up in my mind again.

    This can't be good for me. Turns out I was right about that. So apparently, I'm in heat at the moment. Now, based on the way he said it, and what that word means in the animal kingdom- I'm gonna make an inference here.

    I pray that I'm wrong, but hey, what can I say. I'm never wrong. His words repeat back in my head.

" It means, we're going to have a lot of fun in the next couple of hours."

    The hell we are! I am not letting any red eyed wolf man any where near my untouched goodies. It's just not how I roll. I'm not one for Stockholm syndrome, sorry to disappoint.

    Man, I've never missed the military more then I do right now.

    I know it sounds weird, but in the military, everyone was family. In the worst of situations, we had each other's backs. There were no questions asked.

   If I had all of them with me, a little bird call would be all I had to do for them to come barreling through the trees to help me out. Even now, I have the urge to bring my hands to my lips and make the call of a Blue Jay.

   Yeah I know, it really does sound weird. But I've always loved the sound of a Blue Jays call. It reminds me of spring. I still have slivers of memories, of when I was younger and my mother used to take me to the park on the first day of spring and sing to the Blue Jays. So when the group decision came, of what our signal would be- I stepped right up with the idea.

The call has saved my ass more times then I can count. As well as saved many of my comrades. Sigh.

I can't help but feel the slight creeping feeling of loneliness tugging on my heart. They are all extremely close to my heart, and after my accident, I haven't had contact with any of them. Thanks to this freak show of a wolf man.

I'm sure they're all worried sick, being as I told them I would call the moment I settled down and got away from the airport. I never go back on my word. I'm sure they have started looking for me by now, they're not ones to sit by and wait.

   As of right now, there's one person in particular that my heart aches for. His name is Kayan, ( Kai-ann) and we were both new recruits of the same year.