Chapter 26 : Hey, You're an Asshole!

Truly sorry for the wait, close death in the family...

                                   Dalton

      What.The.Actual.Fuck? I swear to god I can't take anymore of this crap. Is my mate literally just a giant magnet for all men ever? It seems like every single fucking man on the planet is after her! Well I mean, I don't exactly know the fundamentals of Gems relationship with these men, but seriously!

        She goes up to hug this guy fucking bare chested. A vein in my forehead starts to throb with annoyance. Smoothing out the creases in my aching forehead with my fingertips, I try to calm myself down before I let my burning anger take a hold of me. I know I need to stop letting myself jump to quick conclusions and loosing control of my anger. I'd do anything for her, for Gem.

       She doesn't look happy. The bodies of two grown ass men finishing a brutal round of push-ups on the floor under Gem's instruction is pretty damn amusing though, I must admit. My wolf growls deeply. I turn my head to the side, allowing myself to see from his perspective for a moment. Finally I see what the object of his interest is.

      Her arms are crossed over her breasts, her tan skin practically glowing with radiance. The light strands of hair on her head growing longer, her usual Mohawk becoming deformed as it grows. It creates a flawlessly gorgeous look, the soft golden pieces beginning to curl at her ears. Her eyes are liquid molten like the sea, and I'm sure a man could waste his life away just staring at her.

       She sure looks sexy like that, doesn't she? The wolf in me howls his agreement. My eyes drift over to the buff looking human with obsidian hair and eyes that remind me of the pine trees of the pack forest. Suddenly I feel protective of her. He glint in his eyes tells me that he enjoys Gem's half nakedness a little too much. A low growl escapes my lips, loud enough only for one person to hear and directed towards him.

      The small smirk he gives me in return has my blood boiling. His teeth are blunt compared to my wolfs canines. I would pack a much fiercer bite then the human would. My wolf lets him know this, snarling openly at him. Our sharp white teeth catching the humans attention. The display of dominance barely effects the human man, probably due to my mates constant dominant effect and his lack of knowledge for my people. But my wolf is still satisfied when the man looks away. His forest like eyes out of sight.

     I hear my mate call him Jet. Jet, I scoff out loud. The puny human male will have no chance with Gem. The primal part of me needs to assert power, show my attachment to Gem. It's hardly me and mostly that part of me that causes me to make my way over to her and promptly strip the shirt off my torso. Having my chest exposed makes me feel more comfortable, closer to the wolf then the human. 

      Holding my shirt out to Gem, a shirt intoxicated with my natural scent, I pray that she takes it without a fight. This display would show her position as my life mate, as I've seen my father and mother do as well as countless other mated couples. The muscles of my back tense naturally to bulge and show strength. Gem raised a light brow at me, but does nothing further to oppose my offer.

     Her hand makes contact with mine as she takes the shirt from my hands and is about to lift it over her head. I can feel my own breathing deepen as I feel the powerful mating sparks dance and leap on my skin. I step in front of her quickly as she moves her arms away from her chest and lifts them upwards into the sleeves of the shirt. I don't want any other male to see her chest.

      She rolls her bright ocean eyes as I step away from In front of her. My giant shirt draping her body in silky blackness. How is it possible that she almost looks even more sexy with my shirt on then without? Damn, this is just too difficult...

   " Thanks I guess, but you didn't have to stand in front of me. Nudity isn't an issue between my team and its members. We aren't involved physically anyway, not sexually."

       Her voice washes over me with its usual pleasantness. I smile at her, dimples showing and eyes softening. That's all I've got to hear Gem, I trust you. The human named Jett chuckles and rolls his eyes.

    " Well, I wouldn't say we're not involved physically at all-"

      His words immediately wind me up once again. What the hell is he trying to pull anyway,  why must he play the instigator like this?  He should learn how stupid it is to provoke an Alpha Male. But before I can speak a word, one of the other human males steps in. The one that looks to be the second in command, in relative to Gem being the leader. His skin is a light mocha color, his almost black hair tied back in somehow clean cut looking dreadlocks. His piercing dark eyes burn into his companions.

   " Don't say things that imply events that never happened Jet."

      With a roll of his own eyes, the second in command chastises the other. The lower ranked man huffs softly and stuffs his hands into his pockets. Turning his head in the opposite direction of my head on stare and disrespecting me clearly. The wolf recognizes his actions as a challenge, but as the human in the equation I know that the human named Jet knows no better and is not aware of how his actions can be interpreted by my kind.

    I decide to let it go for his sake. The second in command steps up to me to introduce himself. He extends his hand towards me. An introductory measure. His smile is easygoing, but also cautious and calculated.

   " I don't believe we've met before, my name is Kayan. You must be the man that kidnapped our leader, are you not? "