Chapter 11 : Retalliation

Daltons p.o.v.

Right from the moment I felt her writher in pain from underneath me, I completely regretted my actions. Well, it's not like the action was under my control. But, I would be lying if I said I tried to fight it.

My wolf took it upon himself to mark our mate, and my resolve was weak enough to the point that he was able to take control of my body. And with my body he was able to get exactly what he wanted, his teeth into our mates jugular.

At first, I didn't fight him. I wanted our claim to be presented openly on Gem's neck just as much as he did. It was only at the moment that I saw the fear and helplessness in her eyes, and felt her body spasm in agony, that I felt the guilt hit me.

When she glared at me, I felt my heart sink into the pits of my stomach. Her hatred to me was so openly displayed in her body language, that I couldn't help but cringe in anguish. I knew right when her eyes burned into mine with the permanent brand of hatred that when she wakes up, her hatred for me will burn much stronger then the mate bond can help me.

The small string of attraction that the mate bond created kept her from completely lashing out at me, but I know that the pain I caused her will cut it off altogether. The marking of a female wolf blood is an extremely intimate loving gesture, that is suppose to signify two mates love for each other. And usually, the mark is hardly painful at all.

But because she was unwilling, my wolf had to forcefully inject venom into her bloodstream to successfully mark her. The elders of the pack always tell stories of forced markings feeling like being burned alive, and my chest tightens at the thought of my poor mate experiencing any more suffering.

Hovering over her now, her limp hand joined with my own, guilt eats at me like termites to wood. She is in my room, of course. Male wolves become extremely possessive after marking their mate, and neither me or my wolf would allow our mate in the pack doctors office. She is to stay here, surrounded by my scent and in my bed, where no other male is to see her.

She looks so sick and so unwell. I can still remember carrying her into the pack house frantically, feeling her blood seep out of her and onto my own hands. The salty scent of the red liquid making bile rise up my throat. The fact that my mate was injured, and I had done the injuring was too much to handle.

That night, for the first time since I was ten, I cried like a baby. Wallowing in my own pity, I threw a fit and took my anger out on the pack house. Earning myself more pity from the pack, and in turn making myself feel worse. Looking at my sickly looking mate, I regret my actions more then anything I've ever regretted in my life.

Ever since I was a kid, I longed for the type of marking all the other pack members had. Two soulmates madly in love, the male biting the female with the gentlest sense of compassion. And the two confessing their love for each other, before the male bites her softly and they give everything to each other that night.

Every fiber of my being wanted the same love filled marking for Gem and I, but I am the only one to blame for ruining my own dream. I can't blame my wolf for his actions, he only wanted to make Gem his. And besides, being mad at him would be pointless as we are two halves to the same soul. Shutting him out would not help me at all, and it wouldn't make the situation better.

Using the hand that isn't holding onto my mate's for dear life, I reach out my hand and caress Gems sunken looking cheeks. Her ruby red lips are parted slightly, and her breathing is inconsistent and jagged.

Her chest moves up and down harshly, and the only nourishment she has is the i.v. stuck in her forearm. I nearly tore the pack doctors head off for putting the needle into her skin, the thought of her in any more pain rattled me to the bone. When he slipped the long needle into her vain, she didn't even flinch.