Chapter 25 : Great Timing Guys

Pic in media is Kayan. Imagine with dreads.

                                      Gem

         The pervert was starting at my tits the whole god forsaken time! I swear to god with this man- I don't have the patients to-

                                 BANG!

    All of a sudden a giant banging sound, like the shell of an explosive imploding sends me flying into the couch. The massive rose wood front door knocked right off its hinges- falling over where I was standing like a giant fucking domino block. Holy mother of shit what was that?

     My back makes rough contact with the plushy sofa, and tiny wood particles from the now useless pieces of wood that used to be a front door fly through the air. The bare skin of my upper body cringes at the force created in the explosion. Coughing and wheezing into my closed hand, I notice that the unexplained blast definitely knocked the wind out of me. My breaths are uneven and short, and I have to struggle to take in air with all the wood debris clouding the room.

       Damn that had to be a good sized explosive. Bracing myself on the couch, I turn my head to check for Genieva, Dalton, and the witch with bad performance rates. The witch is out cold, the glinting grey hair sprawled out on the hardwood near the door gives her away. By the way she's out, I'm assuming she was the closest to the door. That must've hurt like something awful.

       Genieva is conscious, but it looks like she's in shock. A small, curled up frame in the corner of the room identifies as her. Her open mouth forms a distinct 'o' shape, and her eyes are glazed over in fear. Little tremors wrack through her body in small waves. She looks like a traumatized kitten.

        A masculine groan from the other side of the room piques my attention. It looks like the pervert is okay. He was the farthest away from the blast after all. My eardrums ache and ring unbearably, but I decide that it would be a good idea to check on the wellbeing of the witch. Me and the wolf man make eye contact with one another, our eyes assessing each other's safety. Once I'm sure of his health, I nod in Kastela's direction. A wordless sign that I was going to go over to her.

      Dalton nods back, his neck craned towards his mother. I see Daltons father rush over and assist his son with his wife's care. Down low to the ground, I make a dash over to Kastela. My fingers press around her pale neck, a tiny pulsing under neath my fingertips informs me that she is alive. The rhythm of her chest has slowed down substantially, and on instinct my other hand goes down to her ribs.

     A jagged bone poked at my palm. Just as I thought, she broke a rib or two. Lifting her bridal style, I lace her cold hands above my neck and carry her in an officiant military like hold over to Dalton and his father.

Shes got a broken rib, maybe two. She needs medical attention. I would do it myself, but I need to make sure there's no more blasts to come."

     Laying her down as gently as I can, I instruct Dalton on how to reset her ribs. He gives me determined look, and gets to work. It's best that he does it while she's still unconscious. Otherwise, keeping her from screaming out could be a problem. Not bothering to cover my bare breasts, I grab the knife from my little mate bond mishap and get up to inspect the opening where the doors used to be.

     Before I even make it over, an inky black sphere rolls right through the open space. God dammit!

  " Smoke bomb!-"

   I had a chance to turn my head and inform the others before the two circular chambers on the sides of the ball extend to release a potent mixture of potassium chloride, fuel, and sodium bicarbonate. Hazy white smoke fills the air in seconds, followed by five large make figures. A smaller, lithe one in front.

    Shit! Silently, I take cover behind the couch. My legs folded underneath me in a crouch, I hold my knife with the blade facing outwards. The adrenaline makes my blood thump in my ears, also causing my muscles tighten up rigidly. A sudden sound drifts through the now lighter foggy mist. A male cough.

    My eyebrows crease. It's not the same deep, husky, masculine cough that Dalton made before. This one is softer, more dainty- yet still somehow identifiably male. The next sound I hear is what seals the deal. A harsh slap on the back, and then a different, masculine 'Shhhh' sound.

" What the hell you guys! I don't usually go on these things okay-this is usually your jobs! You know I don't even like it anyway, I'd much rather be at home playing chess, or-"

It's the softer male voice. Wait a minute-

" Good god you little beanstalk! This is why you need to get out more. You just ruined the whole mission! Capo will most definitely scold us for this later. "

     That Italian phrase perks me right up. I'd know those two voices anywhere! Not bothering to hide anymore, I stand up grinning.

" Dave, James, what in the hell are you two doing here?"

        The rest of the gang are behind them. Jet, Goan and Kayan-all of them are present. Dave's wide grin mirrors mine, all of them wearing thick black clothing and carrying heavy firearms. Their weapons also black, each one with a silencer. Just like I taught them. Very impressive- for their first mission without me I mean. Although that last bit could've gotten them killed.

      James' fave turns bright red at my state of undress. His Adam's apple bobs as he takes in my naked chest. Finally, he realizes what he was doing and does a complete 180. His whole body turns the other direction as he profusely apologizes over his shoulder while trying to not get another eyeful.

      Jet takes his time looking, lazily licking his lips at the sight. When I raise my eyebrow at him, he just shrugs. Goan winces, already knowing what's coming- his almond eyes look at him with sympathy.

" Alright then playboy, if you want to be so cocky drop and give me three hundred push ups. Goan, count for him."

    Goan pats him on the back apologetically, and Jet drops to the ground immediately. Kayan-completely ignoring my almost nakedness envelopes me in a warm hug. He crushes me to him tightly, the heavy gear he's wearing pressing against my chest. But I don't mind, I missed him too.

" I missed ya tons bunny."

    The words float into my ear on a sigh. His strong arms squeeze a little tighter. I wrap my arms around him and give him a small squeeze of my own. Flesh against fleece.

" I missed ya too Stevie Wonder-"

I give him a couple of seconds to enjoy it before I shove him away roughly.

" But I know you didn't think you'd get away with that when Jet didn't. My tits aren't up for touching or staring, drop and give me 400. Goan you're counting for him too."

    Kayan sighs, knowing he'd have to do it eventually. Walking over to Jet, he gets down and braces himself. The muscle of his back rippling with every movement. As I look down at my awkward disorganized team I can't help but laugh out loud. James still apologizing, still red as a tomato, and Dave poking fun at him haughtily. Good god, how did they survive without me?

      Dave laughs his loud hearty laugh, completely unaffected by the situation as usual.
" Capo, we came for ya! Aren't we the best!"