Chapter 9 : Wolf Blood?

Daltons p.o.v.

I didn't even think before I acted, I threw myself in front of my mate and pushed her behind me. Derek, my beta raised his scarred brow and chuckled in an amused fashion. " Yeah, I realized that when she was beating the shit out of you and you were looking at her like a lost puppy." A low growl slips past my lips, and I narrow my eyes in anger. Protect mate. I can feel her body heat behind me, she's so close that whenever I breath I get a good lungful of her enticing scent. " Stand down beta, not a single hand is to be put on her."

He puts his hands up in mock surrender and backs up slightly, a sheepishly intrigued grin on his face. " Trust me, I'm not the one who initiated our small fight. You can leave that to your feisty little mate standing there behind you. Even if I did, she'd probably have me on my ass in a couple of minutes. " It's then I notice the small trail of blood trickling down Derek's temple. It's deep enough to make me wince slightly in slight pain of my own. That probably hurts like a bitch.

" Like you didn't fucking have have it coming." I hear a pissed grumble from behind me, a sultry satin voice that I know belongs to my mate. It's so exotic that I can't help myself but turn around to face her. Sharp angled brows pushed together, creating a crease in the smooth skin between her brows. Her arms are crossed over her chest in annoyance, a scowl pulling down her flushed lips. I bet she looks so breath taking when she lets out a genuine smile.

The position of her arms brings my eyes unwillingly towards the mature swell of her chest. I can't help but notice the silver slabs of metal that hang over her chest on a simple link chain. Dog tags? Why would she have dog tags around her neck? I can see writing engraved onto the tags, but I can't make out what they say.

"Hey, would you mind redirecting your eyes to some other place , that's not on my body." My eyes widen in slight shock and pleasure at being scolded by my mate for something as simple as cherishing her with my eyes, but at the same time just hearing her sweet voice aimed at me was enough to make me grin. Still, I don't avert my eyes from her godly form. " Stop grinning at me like some crack head!" My grin only spreads to the ends of my cheeks, at the same sound of her voice. " You're all mine love, our bodies belong to each other. There should be no worrying about me admiring your body."

" Like hell my body's yours! Stop talking to me like we're some kind of lovers! " I internally wince at the infuriated tone of her voice, but I keep my steely gaze on her. Her eyes seem to suck me in like a whirlpool, up so close I can see the different shades of blue and slight hues of green hidden in my mates eyes. Beautiful. " We may not be lovers now, but we're destined to be. You can deny it all you want, but I'm never going to let you leave my sight." My words sound gentle but possessive to my own ears, and by her reaction, hers to.

Immediately, her harsh intimidating look is back on. Her muscles visibly tense and bunch together in coils, and honestly I get a little fearful. Knowing that she beat me unconscious the last time I pissed her off. Somehow, my wolf didn't really seem to care. It's wolf nature to enjoy a good chase, and saying my wolf is enjoying our mates feistiness would be an understatement.

Whenever I think of her knocking me out, the only thing my wolf will allow me to feel is pleasure. He reminds me of the fact that her slender fingers were wrapped around our neck, and tingles could still be felt throughout my body. He also likes to mention the fact that she was straddling us in quite the intimate way, so close that I could feel the warmth of her thighs against my abdomen and her warm breath on my face.

But then again, she did knock me out in less than a minute flat. Considering the fact that I'm 6'5 and 240 pounds, that's a little concerning. I mean, I know she's tall for a woman-I'm guessing 6'0- and pretty muscled too, but she knew how to have me on my ass in a second. It didn't seem to take her a lot of effort to get me-a grown wolf alpha male-unconscious. My wolf purrs again from somewhere in my mind, ' She'll make one fine alpha female. '