Chapter 2 : Stranger Danger

Gems p.o.v.

Okay then.... Welp, I'm just gonna take my leave then. This guy is definitely on some major weed. Hearing my name get called from behind the coffee counter, I slide past the weirdo and make my way over to get my mocha. Giving the lady at the counter a brief thank you, I inhale the sweet aroma of the peppermint mocha and start to make my way out of the coffee shop. I get right in front of the door before a hand makes its way onto my wrist.

  A gasp of surprise escapes me as I felt something extremely strange, something I've never felt before. Sparks... Tingles, hell I don't know what to call them! It was like pleasurable flames licking their way up my arm and all throughout my body. They were warm, and seemed to heat up my entire body. What the hell just happened?

I whip my head around so fast, I felt as though I would get whiplash. Standing right behind me was the stranger on drugs. On his face was the widest goofy-est smile I have ever seen. His face seemed to light up like a child's on Christmas.

  When I look down, his hand is still attached to my wrist. In one swift movement I fling it off and give him another icy glare.He seems to be taken back by my response, and his wide smile is soon replaced by a genuinely hurt frown. For some reason, a small part of me wants to make his lips turn upward again, showing me his adorable dimples. What the hell is wrong with you Gem, pull it together! I tell myself, snapping out of my weird moment. I had never felt this strange desire to another person before. It was making me really uncomfortable...

Jeez, I really need to take my coffee and get out of here... And that's exactly what I did. I turned on my heels and begin to walk rather quickly to the door. I didn't make it very far, my hands had only felt the cool metal of the door handle before his arms wrapped around my waist. The damn tingles came back on full blast, crawling their way through my body.

  Leaving a warm safe feeling as they went. Before I could help it, his head was buried in the crook of my neck and his nose was attached to the bare skin of my shoulder. His nose seemed to twitch as he-hold up,is he sniffing me.

  Oh hell no! Last time I checked, people don't speak in gibberish or smell other people. What is he an animal? Unless there's some kind of speak random words and smell other people fetish that I am apparently not aware of. Yeah, this dude has over stayed his welcome.

When I looked at him, he was still sniffing my neck and mumbling incoherent words against my bare skin as he was doing so. " Yeah dude, as much as I would LOVE to stand here awkwardly by the door while you smell me like a lunatic, I really gotta jet sooo..." I trail off slowly, prying his muscled arms off of me as I speak.

   Jeez his arms are heavy, how much time does he spend in the gym anyway? A strange sound comes from the back of his throat, and I almost freeze at the sound of it. Did he just-growl at me? His eyes flicker to mine and I gasp when I realize that his once chocolate colored orbs were now mixed with gold. His pupils stretched out into slits like a cats. Oh god, I'm being sniffed by a sociopath! Giving him an awkward look, I slowly and subtly make my way towards the door again.

   When he least expects it, I fling the door open and sprint out, clutching my coffee in my hand as I run. I know for a fact that I run 10 times faster then a normal human. I have always been at the top of my class in the military, and have always finished my runs minutes before the others.

I had never really questioned it, I just used it to my advantage. Like in this situation, I definitely wasn't questioning. The wind rushed past me as I ran at top speed, and I earned more then a few strange looks as I made my way down multiple blocks in long strides. The crazy thing is, I could still hear his footsteps falling behind me.

  What the hell? I could outrun every human being I had ever met before, so what was different with this guy? Tapping into my reserves, I launch myself forward and run faster. Soon I hear the strangers footsteps falling more and more behind me.

   And I could've sworn that I heard an angered growl as I made my way farther ahead of him. But I still couldn't loose him! Alright screw this, I'm not getting anywhere...Usually whoever is chasing me would've given up by now! When I finally stopped I wasn't the least bit out of breath, and neither was he. Strange... " Alright what do you want?"

   I ask defiantly, raising my eyebrow at him. He just walks closer to me and gives me a breathtaking smirk. " Isn't it obvious little mate, I want you." His wide smirk doesn't falter in the slightest as he steps closer to me once again. " What the hell is that suppose to mean!" I counter, my voice starting to raise in volume. His eyes seem to flash with something I cant describe before he gets just one step closer, his minty breath fanning in my face. " It means you're mine. I've waited a long time to find you, and I'm never letting you go."