Chapter 28: Lucky Be A Lady

Hey guys, I'm sorry about the masssiive wait. Super duper Sorry. But I've decided to give you all some fluffy stuffy as a payment method ;-). Hopefully this chapter will encourage me to write more often. I might end up posting more this weekend- as I don't have a lot planned. Anyways, I'm curious to know if y'all wonder what I look like?

Dalton

I watch her as she relays her story to the men sitting at my pack table. She sits with her spine straight. Poised yet relaxed. Her body language differs greatly as she tells her story. Her fists clench then unclench, her facial expression tightens and then releases.

At some points she leans forward, I watch her body stretch, lean and tan and entirely appealing. I take deep breaths. What sane force could put a woman this breathtaking in front of a wolf like this?

She finishes up talking, I love the sound of her voice. The whole table looks like they heard a fairy tail. I can't blame them. The way Gem tells it makes me seem like the monster from underneath children's beds. Even so, only I can hear the way her heart beats slightly faster when thinking of the whole experience. For a moment I wonder what makes her heart flutter like a birds wings. Closing my eyes, I dive into her mind for a moment.

             It's me, just about naked. Gem underneath me, trapped under my imposing weight. From her eyes, im a cause for fear. But even then, as she remembers it as it happened, beast taken over and my tongue against her neck- she breaths deeply and tries to ignore her sudden warmth. My eyes spring wide open.

            She was thinking of me! The way I looked through her eyes, primal and needy and all hers. Her fear was forgotten when she relived that memory for the first time. My own heart beats just a little faster, and joins hers. I can't help the smug feeling that overwhelms my being. My lip curls upwards in a smirk I can't control. My chest swells outward and my posture straightens.

            Feeling daring, I extend my leg and use my lower calf to brush against hers. Exactly when my skin makes contact with hers, she stiffens and her body shudders once more. Like lightning, her eyes flash to mine with incredible speed. Seeing my smirk, her cherry lips part wonderfully in shock- her skin flushing and my body pulsates with pride. The beast growls, a low satisfied hum.

          Before her comrades see our interaction, she snaps her head back quickly. I keep the steady rhythm of my leg brushing against hers, no other reason but to stake my claim on her. By the way she reacted this once, it makes me wonder if she really isn't effected by this heat. I can feel my pheromones building up, brushing onto her. Even if the only one effected it me, I will convince her that I'm the only one that can be hers.

     The story is over now, she's informed the whole team of what happened. The one that gives off the highest alert to me, the man Gem called Kayan, he gets up and puts his hand on her shoulder.

" Christ Gem, I never would've thought all this crazy shit happened to you and we couldn't help."

     His words are comforting, and of thanks, telling her he's grateful she's alive. But for some reason that's not what I can hear. All I can hear is white noise, nothing. But I sure as hell can see.

    It's stupid, so very stupid. But I can see his hand on her. His hand isn't just laying, it's clutching. Her skin in his hands. His, hands.
The pheromones mixing with hers, human and not as strong but disrupting. Disrupting the claim I had been setting on her. My fists clench. I know that Gem doesn't appreciate my jealousy. But that doesn't mean that I can't show everyone that she's my destined. Not anyone else's.

      My chair makes a loud screeching sound-the wooden legs grit against the floor as I stand up. Walking around he corner of the table, I take footsteps towards her, when in front of her she turns in shock to look at me.

" What the hell, why'd you stand up so abruptly like tha-"

      Taking her by surprise, I take her chin in my hand, and bring our faces together. Skin hot, flushed, I can see her lips. So sweet and tempting. Before she can protest any further, I bring my lips to hers.

       Our lips are equally hot when they combined. Coaxing eagerly, I part the soft  petals of her lips with my tongue. My body pulses again, my heart racing, I press our bodies together. My hands develop a mind of their own. Gripping the skin of her thighs in a possessive lock, I bring her out of her seat and crush her to me.

       Faintly, I feel her hands on my biceps, squeezing and pushing. I assume trying to push me off. But her lips don't repel mine. And she certainly doesn't stop my tongue from greeting hers. Squeezing her flesh just a little tighter, I force myself to bring my lips from hers. Pulling away reluctantly slow, I look at her face. Eyes closed, inky black lashes fluttering, red lips parted, skin flushed. My entire body tightens. Mine. And I am only hers.

      Placing my lips on hers one last time. I kiss her once, shortly but delicately. The choked sound of the other people in the room hardly faze me. I'm not wasting this effort only to be thwarted again. Grabbing her thighs gently but with strength, I hoist her up and wrap her legs around my hips. Her mouth opens to respond or fight, but before she can get out a single syllable- I pull her chair out and sit.

   Her torso pressed up against mine, legs wrapped tightly around my waist. I press her face into the warmth of my shoulder, playing with the growing hair at the nape of her neck. Her breathing is erratic, like she's gone into shock. I've subdued her enough to just about be compliant. Although I'm sure she won't give up. Her fur is ruffled up like she's ready to battle. But her heart and her mind betray her. What she really wants, is to be held like this. In strong arms controlled by someone that would never harm her.

      Taking this huge victory, the beast roars inside. Smiling at the gaping faces of the people in the room. I wrap an arm around her waist.

" So now that that's over and you know the situation, lets have a talk about you all and your faithful rescue mission. Because as much as I admire your courage, you're not leaving with Gem."