tres | love or host (pt. 3)

Dawn | chapter 3

"Okay, we're down to 9 girls from 13," Austin says as a roll of drumming sounds played. Technically 10 because Minx didn't get eliminated but since she wasn't part of the cast in the first place, it's a 9/12.

5unflower was eliminated first, quite surprisingly, to be honest, for the most unexpected reason. "So I looked you girls up again on Twitter and I found an interesting tweet by 5unflower. A haiku, you know that 5-7-5 poem, written for someone called 'babe.' My name's not babe for sure and unless babe is a family member's name— you got some explaining to do." She seemed taken aback by Quackity's question but, nevertheless, let him continue, "It was tweeted 3 days ago and before you say this is an ex, you really have to think for a moment, is this really?" And like that, she got exposed for having a boyfriend. She said she didn't have any bad intentions or plans on breaking up with the said guy, exactly why she chose host, she just thought that joining the show again would be fun. She waved goodbye, gentle smile on her face, and she was out of the call.

Then another startling turn of events, kaceytron departed early. In most episodes, she was part of at least top 5, having her leave close to the beginning was a surprise to most viewers. I don't know which direction Quackity is meaning for this to go or which of us he was leaning towards. Kacey said, at the start, she was willing to prove her love by not smoking this time, but after she was eliminated, she pulled out a joint from the drawer of her desk and huffed smoke before making her exit. I guess old habits really do die hard.

As I watched and listened —and sweated, yes sweated, in place, it occurred to me. How the heck am I still here? I could've sworn I've ruined my chances after that little squabble with Boze.

I'm not a fan of violence or fighting but I am a real drama magnet. It's frustrating most of the time but I don't like watching other people being put down on such a personal level —all to win a man, clout, farm views? A man's a good end goal in this kind of show and all, especially Alex, and channel promotion, but my innate feminism will not allow it.

"I'm here to redeem myself. After I was untimely kicked out last time, even after I painted duckies, I decided to make another masterpiece," Jessick pulls out a small 16 × 16 canvas. It was a morphed, sort of duck-like figure in black and gray. "I painted this with the ashes of the first duck drawings after I burned them when my heart was broken."

"Bitch, it was your fault for not showing them early. Those looked so much better than this one too." If I were to be frank, those did look better because they didn't look like a duck with several genetic mutations, but you could see the effort Jessick put into this one still. How the strokes glided smoothly but had firm pressure, like she was holding the brush tightly. The randomness of every part kind of showed a sort of frustration, perhaps because of the 'if only-s' that premature elimination brought with it.

"That's a little rude," was out of my mouth before I could stop it or even take it back.

anvillainn : dramaaaaaa
Kelsey : fight fight fight fight
Jwwhite89 : *eating popcorn*

Everyone was surprised when I spoke since I was relatively quiet for the first half. I didn't have much to say and wasn't asked many questions either. "I think she did an amazing job," I had to finish. Therapeutic communication right now, Dawn?

"Girl, you've been quiet most of the time. I'm surprised you had a mouth," she claps back.

"I'm not trying to fight, I just don't like it when people put so much effort into something but still be put down."