catorce | the apology (pt. 2)

Alex | the apology (pt.2)

You
hey you want to go out to
celebrate instead?
12:44 AM

I typed and sent without thinking. The first thought that came to me was how I was so fucking smooth. I mean the way I made an excuse to see her, called it a mother fucking celebration —that was smoother than Bad's bald head. Then when she didn't reply immediately, I started to overthink; what if she doesn't want to meet me? I wouldn't put that against her because my dumb ass did pull a dick move before.

Then I convinced myself that I've met with my online friends in real life and even did IRL streams and videos with them ever since I started vlogging a few years back. The only difference with meeting Dawn is that she isn't a streamer and I've only known her for a month. That'll also make her the first girl I'd meet up with alone.

Alone.

She can't be— she just can't be a fucking serial killer, not like she'd chuck one of those knife things doctors use at me. Serial killers don't give you reassurance about your life choices, right? Unless they've really upped their gaslighting game and shit.

I can't believe I'm being a pussy over meeting someone. For fuck's sake, I did kickboxing, I could beat up a grown man's ass, but I piss my pants when it comes to going on, what would seem like, a date with someone.

deceased
And when is this celebration,
future Atty. Alex?
12:52 AM

Not the reply I was expecting, then again, I didn't expect anything. We are friends, she applied for friendship and so did I. This is just a friendly meetup/eat out between friends as friends because that's what we fucking are and that's what friends fucking do.

You
you free on 10th
12:53 AM

deceased
That's 4 days from now, right?
12:53 AM

I'm free on that day, good timing.
12:53 AM

Omg, isn't that your birthday?
12:53 AM

You
U REMEMBERED?!
12:54 AM

I CANT BELIEVE U
REMEMBERED 😭😭
12:54 AM

great :) meet at Parlay Steakhouse
12 nn
12:54 AM

see you there :)
12:55 AM

deceased
See you, Alex.
12:55 AM

Great. Fuck. Shit.

I lay on my bed, watching the stacks of papers for my law review over my desk in the corner of my eye. I sighed, Dawn and I are friends, I shouldn't even be losing my shit because I kinda asked her out.

I already said no more fucking relationships right now and everything should be strictly professional. Dawn is not a co-worker but is a friend and that's all there is to it but the same rule will apply to her.

"Fuck," I cursed under my breath. I see a familiar guitar pick from the corner of my eye. I fucking hate that thing but I can't bring myself to throw it out either. It's pathetic. I'm pathetic.

If she hadn't— if I just simply didn't let her into to my fucking life, I wouldn't have to be so uptight about this, "Fuck!"

"Mijo, what are you yelling about? If you did not know, it's 1 in the morning and you're here cursing like you don't have neighbors," I hear mom say from the other side of the door. "Let me in."