veintiséis | love advice

Alex | love advice

I've never thought much about being in a relationship so I never developed a specific 'type,' but if I have, I might have just ignored it. When I was 19, I had an, what do you call it, an almost-girlfriend, but I was just starting with actually making streaming a career and I wanted to focus on that. A relationship needed time and I didn't want to trap someone in a relationship with me when I can't focus on it so it didn't become official.

But now... being with her feels different. It didn't always feel this way, I just realized something was different a month ago, about one week after Karl pointed it out to me.

How I always talk about her, how she just casually pops into my head, how I like being with her.

I really don't have a ideal gf but, I guess, if you ask me now, I'd say it's her. I like Dawn, maybe I have for some time now but I'm such a big fucking idiot, I didn't notice.

I like smart, give-zero-fucks-about-what-people-think-and-look, nerd-out-about-law-and-anything  women. I mean woman, because there's just Dawn. Taylor Swift, Obama, Thanos, and Pitbull still have a special place in my heart, but now I want to take a relationship seriously.

But should I actually tell her and risk our friendship? Fuck, what do I do?

Speak of the devil—

"Hello, Mr. Quackity, how are you? I've missed you, I'm live right now," Bad said. I knew he was streaming, I was in his Twitch chat just a minute ago.

"BadBoyHalo, I can't believe you're calling me again for the 100th time! I know you miss me, but this is kinda creepy, Bad. It's like, it's like you're totally crazy about me," he tries to answer me with a defensive tone, but I cut him off, "What are you doing?"

I hear him sigh. Dawn usually says it's a sigh that signifies Bad growing gray hair, receding hairline, and increased possibility of baldness. "Just having a little chill stream with chat, do you want to join me?"

I pull up his stream again and see a 50-dollar dono, "Hi, Bad. How are you? Can I get your advice on promposals for this girl I like?"

"Thank you for the fifty, malady2934, you muffinhead. You guys don't have to give me that much, use them for yourselves!"

"Hear that, chat, BadBoyHalo doesn't appreciate—"

"No! No, Quackity. I do appreciate them, it's just they don't have to use their money on me," Bad growled and I growled back. It's just so much fun teasing Bad, mostly because he's a good sport. He knows how to play along with a bit and knows that I don't really mean what I say when I'm trying to mess with him.

"My man really took 50 dollars but didn't answer the question," I continued.

"I was going to—"

"Fuck that, he's probably going to say you should buy her a muffin or some shit." I had to stop myself from laughing when I remembered I did the exact same thing to Dawn about a year ago. Maybe I should bake her the muffin again, this time by myself.

"Language! Quackity," he said like he was sighing at the same time, "I'm sorry, I apologize for this muffinhead's swearing. Malady2934, I suggest you do something that is special to her. If she likes muffins, why don't you bake her a muffin with a note? I think it would be nice to have someone put in the effort to impress you with something that you actually like."

Come to think of it, I never asked anyone out to prom before. Not that I didn't go to prom or I didn't go with anyone. In my high school, we were randomly paired up by the teachers so we didn't need to do those promposals and shit. Hell, I didn't even know the girl I went with. All I can remember is that she was so fucking tall and stepped on my toes while we danced. I didn't mind, it lessened my embarrassment over what happened in my zapateado class.