treinta y seis | end

Dawn | end

"A-Alex?" I couldn't help but stutter. When I looked up from the paper in my hands, he was nowhere near eye level. I gasped.

Husband Application
Alexis Hernandez Style

Dear Dawn,

I want to apply for the position of your husband because I wish to spend the rest of my mortal life with you. I am attaching a photograph of my pretty face to sway your decision positively.

If you accept my application after your usual meticulous deliberation, I assure you that I can provide you and our future quacklings a happy life. You should consider me for this prestigious position on account of our 4 amazing years of dating and we would make beautiful children together, let's be honest.

Name: Alexis Hernandez
Birthday: Everyday but mostly December 28
Birthday Place: Afghanistan but kinda Mexico
Astrological Sign: Capricorn (because you've been reading horoscopes lately)
MBTI: ENTP
Address: Your heart, mi amor

Short-term Goal: Convince you to marry me
Long-term Goal: Live happy with my own family

Health History
Communicable Disease: None
Hereditary Diseases: Diabetes (maternal)
Allergies: Nuts (including nutting jk)
Sex: None

Personal History
Smoke: No
Use drugs: No
Alcohol Addiction: No

Future Plans
No. of Children: 2 - 3
Condition: Family home
Alternative Methods: Acceptable
Residential Plan: Wherever you think is best

Others
Conflict Resolution: Communication
Religion: We're both Catholic so
Household Tasks: Teamwork

Topics will be expounded on and those missed will be tackled in person.

I cover my lips with both hands to suppress a sob. Tears were pooling at my outer canthuses and my stomach swirled with a feeling of disbelief and joy. "Dawn, you are my world, my everything. During our 4 years together, I realized that years, months, weeks, hours aren't enough time to be with you. I want to wake up next to you every morning, enjoy each meal with you, end the day with your goodnight kisses -for as long as I live and for as long as you'll have me. Will you marry me?"

I nodded too many times I've lost count. "Yes, yes, yes," I finally said and his lips broke into an even bigger smile -contagious and bright. His arms wrapped around my waist as he lifted me up and I locked my legs around his upper torso. He buried his face in my neck as I stroke his hair. "You know I'll still love you when you're old, wrinkly, gray, and/or bald, right?"

He gave me a once-over while we remained in the same position, "Well, I love you too, future Mrs. Hernandez." We both laughed as he let me down.

Our friends and family erupted into applause, I didn't even notice they were here. Greetings of 'congratulations' came from every direction.

"Okay, you guys can stop it with the PDA now," George remarked.

Alex held on to one of my hands as he strode towards his friend, "What PDA- what the fuck are you talking about, asshole?" Began their playful banter.

"You know what I'm talking about, that thing you were doing with Dawn. I have no problems with you, by the way, it's just Quackity I have a problem with," he addressed me.

"He's delusional, Your Honor. You need Dawn to give you an eye exam or some shit?"

"That gooey look you're giving each other, it's PDA. No, stop. None of us need to see it."