veinticuatro | in a year

Dawn | in a year

I can't believe it's been a year since that Love or Host, a year since I first met Quackity. Being friends with him hasn't been easy -I'm kidding. He's made life easier and more fun for me, honestly. It feels good to know someone's there for you whenever you need them, work can get really stressful and you deserve a little sunshine once in a while -it's the same for Alex, he's even had school on top of that.

And speaking of school, Alex is preparing for his graduation now. To say I'm proud of him is an understatement. Alex finished with high grades and will be taking the bar later this year and then he can practice law, of course that would be after stopping his streaming career, and that probably won't be in the near future just yet.

What's been going on in my life? Well, my family's finally come to visit me here again, even my sister and her husband and children. Expectedly, my mom didn't waste a moment to remind me to get married so I can give her grandchildren. 'I want a mestiso,' she says. What she fails to remember is that I need sperm cells to have children, but I don't even have a boyfriend. If only I can have children via mitosis, wouldn't that be a feat? Like a flower or something -I'll pollinate my self.

On the other hand, I've met many of Alex's friends. The dyspnea I suffered through every meeting were worth it. Like when we hung out with Karl, for example, it was one of the most fun I've had. When he came to visit, we all went out to this newly opened KTV a few blocks from Alex's place.

We rented out this huge room with a 70-inch flat screen hanging on the wall. It was the day I found out we had the same taste in music. Let's just say Alex had to endure 2 hours of Hamilton and Panic! At the Disco —and our lengthy discussion of how the light Twitter theme is better than the dark mode. He didn't quite buy it even after Karl's strong argument of: 'it makes it brighter.'

We ended our night out with a trip to Starbucks because we wanted to pull an all-nighter so we could —force Alex to— binge watch anime. The final season of Black Clover just came out and we can't not start from the beginning. Surprisingly, he actually enjoyed himself and called it 'a banger' so, being the great friends that we are, we suggested Boku no Pico and Devilman Crybaby to him.

Back to Starbucks, we decided to buy each other's drinks. As a non-coffee drinker, I like to splurge myself with just Blended Strawberry Lemonade, but Alex asked for the most bitter drink on their menu at the drive-thru instead. Jerk, I know. To repay him, I ordered him a Vanilla Sweet Cream Nitro Cold Brew, the one caffeinated drink he hated despite the relapse of his 'coffee addiction.' Karl was an angel and we both love him so he got a Chocolate Cookie Crumble Crème Frappuccino and was the only one enjoying his drink on the way to Alex's place.

I've also formally met Bad and constantly keep in touch with him. Bad is just as wonderful as he is on streams, he's also wise and insightful. Whenever I was in a stump, he always gave the best advice and always knew what to say at the perfect moment. Not to mention how we both like to babble about the most random things, Alex was right when he said that Bad has a detailed explanation about anything. Last week, we talked about the box of soft tissues he saw on Alex's desk. In addition to that, Bad also, unexpectedly, liked punk rock music. He even 'sang-screamed' the lyrics one time.

What's fun about having Alex and Bad together is that their personalities are polar opposites, and if there is one person to successfully shut Alex down, it's Bad —and vice versa. Alex would flirt with Bad to mess with him, but Bad would kind of flirt back by complimenting Alex and it would fluster him. Of course, to shut Bad down, obvious enough, Alex swears every swear word he has in his vocabulary.

I've also met Wilbur in a call with Alex. He went to the UK for their yearly wine stream and, not surprisingly, got drunk to the point of dysfunction when the live ended. For reasons I know nothing about, he called me to talk about how many sugar cubes he had to put in his tea so it tastes good after he accidentally put salt in it. Wilbur must have snatched his phone when he was about to wash it in the sink after squeezing ketchup on the screen (I'm not sure why or how that happened). Just like that, I've met Wilbur.