veintiocho | hungover

Alex | hungover

I woke up to the worst fucking headache I've probably ever had in my life. It felt like George and Bad had fucking sledgehammers and hammered away at my skull. I groaned and sat up in my bed, the light from the window blinding me.

I grabbed my phone from the nightstand to check the time, "It's 2 in the afternoon already?" What the hell even happened last night? The last thing I can remember is drinking that bomb mixture Dawn gave us.

I'd be down to have that again. I'm not much of an alcohol drinker because, let's face it, they taste fucking awful. Beer I'm okay with because I'm Mexican and we have those a lot at parties, dinner, and shit. But that, what did she call it... concoction? It was good, it was bitter but the good kind, like coffee.

"Fuck," I rubbed my temples to ease the headache. I can't remember a single fucking thing, what the hell happened? I sure fuckin' hope I didn't do anything stupid.

I notice a glass of water and aspirin tablets on the same nightstand, it even had the piece of paper doctors use, the one with the Rx on it. It wrote:

Drink this after you eat breakfast.

- Dawn

I smiled and felt my face heating up. I only think of her and I already can't stop myself from smiling. But Dawn is my friend, I don't want things to be awkward between us if I tell her I like her and she rejects me -that would be terrible. So I decided I won't tell her, I'm taking this to my fucking grave.

I stagger out my room, the aspirin and the note in my hand. "Oh, Quackity, you're finally up," George said as I rounded the corner after going down the stairs. "Clay wants us to go somewhere."

"He's Clay but I'm Quackity? What is this-"

"Because I'm his favorite," the tall ass had the audacity to pop his head from the doorframe of the kitchen.

"Shut the fuck up you monotone bastard, dry ass YouTuber," I yelled at him. I walked into the kitchen to start breakfast -I guess lunch at this hour. Taped on the fridge was the same Rx paper and the same neat handwriting.

I've prepared your lunches in the refrigerator. You all should drink your aspirin after eating. Don't drink any more today, have mercy on your livers.

- Dawn

"She made us turkey sandwiches," George came up behind me, munching on the sandwich in his one hand.

"I get feel your breathe on my neck. Clay, control your George!" I shook my head and happily took my sandwich out from the fridge. It was in a Tupperware and labeled with my name: "Alex, no avocadoes." She knows me so well. "Why the fuck are you guys here so early anyway- wait a min," I whipped my head around to look at both of them. "How'd you even get in."

"We slept here!" Nick yelled. He was probably in the living room watching TV, I can hear Dean Norris's voice from here. I walked over to him, my turkey sandwich fresh out the microwave. I sit next to him on the couch and glared at his stinky fucking feet on the coffee table. "Dawn drove us home and I helped her carry your heavy butts into the apartment."

"He's been bragging about his 'sense of responsibility' all day," Clay added, taking a seat in the space between us. He rolled his eyes, making sure Nick had a good look at the gesture.