treinta y uno | cheated

Dawn | cheated

"Is it just me or the mark on my face is getting bigger?" Alex suddenly asked, using the back of the pan he just cleaned as a mirror. "You know, the one the looks like a tear. Does that mean my life is a much bigger tragedy now?"

I chortled, "Uh huh, how so?" We were cleaning my apartment today because he so 'responsibly' took it upon himself to trash it while I was away. I continued to pick up bottles that were only 90% consumed and placed them into a black bag.

I was away for a week because of a medical seminar I had to attend at another state. Alex asked if he could stay at my apartment on the 3rd day. I had to try every method of persuasion I could think of just to know why he wants to stay at my place instead of his. And after a thorough and rigorous interrogation, he admits he missed me and my apartment smelled like me so maybe if he was here, he'd feel better. Of course I said yes, who was I to refuse? That was probably one of the sweetest, cutest things he's ever said since we started dating 4 months ago. Time sure flies.

"Because my girlfriend just got home from a week-long trip but I'm here cleaning and don't even get cuddles," he grumbled and complained like a kid.

"Well, if you didn't trash my place, we'd be on the couch binge-watching iCarly right now," I said with my hands on my hips. I'm not actually mad, I find this side of Alex adorable. He's always welcome to trash my apartment whenever he wants and I won't be angry (at least not forever maybe), though he still has to help clean up.

"What can I say? I'm lost without you," he said smugly. His chin rested on the palm of his hands as he leaned over the counter.

"You're really upping you're flirting game here, Alex. Listen to you, Bad will be proud."

"Are you proud?" I turned to him again, just to see him batting his eyelashes at me, seeking approval.

"Hmm, I'm not sure. It might attract more love rivals," I winked at him then walked towards the last can of white Monster.

After tying the bag and setting it aside, I went straight for the sofa. I'm a little jetlagged but still have enough energy in my system to spend the rest of the afternoon with Alex. He plopped himself next to me and turned the TV on for our weekly marathon; today we're watching the 3rd season of iCarly. "You'll always be the only one, though I do know all the ladies love my beautiful face—" he stops midway to laugh when I lightly slapped him on the chest.

It still feels unreal sometimes, dating Alex and all. No one's caught on, among his subscribers at least. Nick, George, Clay, Bad, and the others already knew, even said they were just waiting for it to happen.

"What would you tell me if you find out I cheated on you, I will never do that, this is just, what you might call it?" He was almost in a panic, trying to grasp what word he's meaning to say.

"Theoretically?" I know Alex won't cheat, it's against his principles, he would never. As someone who has been cheated on before, Alex knows better than to put other people through the same pain he did.

"Yes, that. Theoro- thero- theoretically," he finally says.

For a moment, I just sat there, thinking of a response. It's hard to imagine Alex being unfaithful so it's just as difficult to think of a response until—

"Wait, where are you go—" I slide the door closed behind me before he could finish. I actually just went out onto the patio.

"That's it? I thought you would have cut my—"

I opened the sliding door quickly for some dramatic effect, "WITH KARL?! I knew this would happen."

"W-what?" He looked taken aback and slipped a little from his position on the sofa, "WHAT?"