Chapter 4 - Partners

Miles pov

I woke up with a major fucking headache. Maybe I should've listened to Roman and not have taken all those shots last night. 

For once in his life, he was fucking right. But not like I saw him anymore, Roman seemed to be hanging out with Clara a lot. 

No joke. He was only here at night when he needed sleep. He was going mad over this girl and I couldn't understand why.

Why do people waste their time on other people? 

"Are you going alone or are we going together?" Roman yelled from his side of the apartment. This wasn't exactly helping with my headache. I rolled my eyes before taking my jacket off the counter and just leaving.

I drove to college not exactly excited for the day ahead of me, I decided on taking a quick stop at the store for cigarettes. I ran into the store getting my usual pack before climbing back into my car. As I put the item in my hand down I noticed a pearl necklace lying slightly under the passenger seat.

I sighed picking it up trying to think of who it could belong to...

NO.

"Fuck me!"  I seethed to myself. "My lucky fucking day." It belonged to Eliana. Why the fuck was it in my car? How does one lose a necklace? 

I shut my car door loudly clenching my jaw. I drove very quickly arriving at school. I walked over to where Roman was, he was standing with his girlfriend. And there she was, the blonde, standing with...FUCKING Colton. He doesn't even go here...why is he here?

"Look who finally decided to show up" Colton smiled putting his arm around Franklin's shoulder, she didn't even seem to be worried in fact on her neck were a few red marks...hickeys?

"Why are you here?" I rolled my eyes putting my hands in my pockets. Colton's smile slightly rose as he saw the irritation on my face. 

"Came to visit my girl," he said nodding his head towards the blonde next to him. She was silently looking down at her feet.

"Your girl?" I laughed in complete disbelief, surely Eliana wasn't that stupid? She surely couldn't stoop so low. 

Colton silently nodded, with a bright smile plastered all over his face. That's when I remembered the necklace in my pocket. I tried to hide my smirk as I pulled the necklace out of my pocket. I cleared my throat causing everyone to look back at me.

"Franklin, you left this in my car, you know? From the other night." I looked over at Colton handing the necklace back to its owner.  Eliana looked back at me in complete disbelief.

"Thanks, I guess." she glared at me slowly taking a look at her watch. She gasped quickly before greeting everyone, except Colton and me. I wasn't expecting her to greet me, but Colton looked beyond confused, I chuckled walking up to him, whispering  in his ear, "She doesn't want you, man." 

And with that I walked to class, I glanced at my schedule. English literature, great. I sighed walking through the hallways as I felt girls' stares. I entered class late as usual ignoring everyone including the professor up front, he sighed as he rolled his eyes at me.

I was about to go sit at the back of the class trying to go unnoticed until I heard the professor speak up" Mr. Henderson, glad to see you being late, again." I smiled trying to take a seat. 

"Miles, we are working in partners and since you're late, I will do the honor of picking for you." This can't be good. "Ms. Franklin, and Miles you'll be partners for the next few months."

"WHAT?" Eliana and I said in unison. "No professor, sir anyone else besides him, PLEASE," Eliana begged.

"Eliana you are a good student and I think you and Miles would make a great team, now please do make a place for him to sit next to you. It will be interesting seeing my only two British students work together" he chuckled. He gestured for me to sit next to Eliana and I groaned as I slowly walked towards my seat.

For the next thirty minutes, we sat in complete silence listening to the professor.

"Now this will mean spending a lot of time together...with your partner of course" Mr. Richards chuckled to himself, "This project means actually getting to know the person. You will need to tell me how this person changed you, how they've affected your being." The professor gestured with his hands.

I scoffed to myself. How could she possibly change me? This is bullshit.

I looked up at the professor who was still explaining, "It is now...March you have until November...so that is...about ten months. Ten months guys, I want absolutely, no excuses. You'll make it into an essay of course," He took a glance at his wristwatch, "Well, we have twenty minutes left you may talk to your partner."

I felt anger bubbling in my blood, Eliana didn't even look at me before we both rushed over to the professor's table, "Sir, Mr. Richards, sir." I smiled fakely while the blonde stood next to me, "You cannot possibly think that we are compatible for this project" I gestured.

"Well, you guys dislike each other?" the professor asked looking between us both. We both nodded in sync hoping that would be our way out. "Well, then that's what we need for this project. Now go enjoy these few months with each other." He smiled dismissing us both. We slowly walked out of the class.

We stood outside the door facing each other, I quickly scanned my eyes over her body, noticing those shoes she always wore. I met her eyes once again. She 'tsked' before storming away.

What a great couple of months this was going to be.

.

.

.

.

.

Okay, don't be mad...I didn't forget about the story I swear I have just been busy.

And I did miss writing for you guys. Please leave your thoughts on this chapter.

Colton and Miles def have something going on...

AND NOW MILES AND ELIANA ARE WORKING TOGETHER FOR TEN MONTHS. I repeat TEN MOTHS!!!!

This is going to be interesting. 

I hope you liked this chapter and thanks for reading :)))

Please do remember to vote!

<333333