Chapter 9

Its my birthday, in a few days, go to the support page!!!

Hope you have been enjoying the story so far. 

ARO POV:

Now that I remember most of what I forgot, we took the shortest way up the mountain, while greeting each and everyone of the powerful existences that also reside on the mountain. Many powerful beast, used this mountain as a sanctuary. 

Hours after we started our journey up the mountain, I was no longer traveling by foot, I was climbing the mountain on the back of Yi Shou. 

"What was master doing at the bottom of the mountain, there have been other beasts and spirits that have been coming to the bottom of the mountain to hunt the weaker beast? Yi Shou questioned and advised.

"Really, when did this start happening and how did I not know about it" I asked with a quizzical look, again something seems weird, since we started visiting this mountain, this has never happened and knowing the beast and other beings on this mountain, how can their be killings happening, that's like killing on another's territory. 

"It has been a few months since it started, Master may have not known this because master has not been home for a few months" Si Shou answered leaving me again in a state of shock. A few months, how can I not recall these few months, it seems that there is still memories that I have not regained.

From the memories, I have,  I can tell that the last thing I set foot on this mountain was about a month ago, with my grandparents. All these thoughts left me conflicted, so how long ago did my grandparents and my fellow villagers die because, it seems that It was more than a day or two ago.

 I was preoccupied with my thoughts for the rest of the journey to the cabin. After a few hours, the view in front finally showed a hut that stood in the midst of many pine trees.

"We are home"I whispered out loud and let them dash forward so that they could get rid of the snow that had built up on their fur. I push the thoughts of the few missing memories to the back of my mind so that I can focus on the present. 

I moved around the hut with ease and plated something for myself and the 6 beast to eat. They also live with us in this hut along with other beasts that come to seek shelter.

The hut that my grandparents left was not only a shelter for us, but many other species that live on this mountain, the definition of the door is always open. In this part of the mountain, the only thing that we could eat was the animals.

Animals are different from Beast, Beast possess consciousness and have an affinity with magic. Animals possess none of those and are used in the daily food chain or humans and beast. The exception to this is spirits, they use magic as a source of food, using it as fuel. 

 So the 6 beasts had been sent out to run errands to gather rations such as meat, fire wood, fruits, water etc. The meal they had did not need to be prepared, they ate all their food raw and they had to have a healthy amount to sate their hunger. 

Moments later they brought back enough meat that could last for weeks. Due to the small hills of bloodied corpses, I had to be busy for a while, cleaning out the insides of each beast that would be tossed but eventually was treated as dessert of the Shou beasts.

The 6 beasts were called Shou beasts which is why I had added it to each other's names, they are also beasts that can control the element of ice and different aspects of it. Each and every one of them are very prominent in doing so. The fur and hide of each beast was taken to use as bedding for the Shou beasts and also myself. 

Cleaning and removing the fur and hide took an hour and by the time I was finished my hands were numb. This was due to having exerted brute force with the blade to remove the hide and fur.

Even after more than an hour had passed, I was still not finished because I had to do salting to prevent our rations from spoiling. That also took another hour, by the time I was finished completely, the sun had set and the moon was shining across the horizon. 

The mountain was shrouded in light and the peaceful  surrounding provided a sense of tranquil. The exhaustion of traveling up the mountain and cleaning up our rations finally weighed me down. After a day of hard work, I cleaned up and headed to bed.

The days following past with me being leisurely. I spent each that shape shifting into my wolf and practicing my control over the elements ice and water. I was also able to train my abilities with the Shou beast. In a short amount of time, I was back to my best state.

.....

Thank you for the support. Please vote and comment..