Chapter 22

When Amelia met Cindy she waved at her, and she was glad to see her friend. They went and sat by the usual cafeteria that they liked.

They sat by the back where it was nice and cozy, Amelia ordered a piece of cheesecake and Cindy got a chocolate cake and some coffee.

After they had placed their orders Cindy looked at her, "Lay it on me."

Amelia giggled at the way Cindy had said it, "Mason kissed me."

Cindy's jaw dropped open, "Wait before we carry on, I need a few details here: for how long?"

"I think thirty seconds at most."

"That's a long time, did you kiss him back?"

"No, I, well I don't think I did."

"What do you mean? Yes or no?"  Cindy replied intrigued.

"Well I mean it took time for me to process the whole thing."

"Fine were you thinking of anything during the kiss?"

"Yeah..."

"What did you think about it?" Cindy asked, it seemed as if she was enjoying the whole thing.

"I could tell he was a great kisser the way his lips moved and when he pulled me in fully I could tell he was ripped."

"Oh shit! That's hot. Did you enjoy the kiss?"

"How can you even ask, he is my brother's best friend."

"So? That doesn't mean you can't enjoy the kiss."

"I don't know Cindy, he just took me by surprise."

"So where do you guys stand?"

"In the being ignored phase."

"Are you still avoiding him, Amelia, even after this whole situation?"

"No, he is the one ignoring me."

"What? After he kissed you?"

"Yeah Sin, to make it worse he had a girl this morning when I was in the kitchen. He walked past me like I didn't exist."

"Wow, that is hard," Cindy replied.

"Yeah, this kiss was more of an ego boost to his bruised ego."

"I doubt it, I mean have you seen Mason. He gets any girl that he wants,"

"Thank you for making me feel a whole lot better Sin."

"Sorry, I'm trying to figure out the motive behind him kissing you. Was he horny?"

"Clearly not desperate as he could get a girl."

"I think he likes you."

"Why would he like me?"

"Think about it, Amelia, why would he ignore you after the kiss?"

"Beats me. I mean I did avoid him because I was humiliated."

"Yeah, but it seems as if he is pissed at you."

"Yeah like he has a right to, he is the one that kissed me and got a whole new girl."

"For someone who doesn't care for the kiss, why are you so upset about it?"

"I'm not upset Sin as in jealous upset, but as in...."

"As in...."

"You know what I mean Cindy. I just feel a bit used that's all."

"I get your point. So he just kissed you, he did not mention anything about dating you or?"

"That can't happen just as I told you before."

"So you are not planning on telling James?"

"I don't want to keep this a secret from him Sin but what choice do I have. I mean all the circumstantial stuff that happened would be too much of a coincidence."

"Why not just ask James how he would feel about you dating Mason?"

"Cindy, who said I wanted to date Mason, and he doesn't seem to be the settle for one girl kind of guy."

"So you have thought about being with him but the evidence leads you to the conclusion that he is too much of a playboy."

"Okay, you are making seem as if I have thought about Mason as more than a roommate which I haven't."

"Defensive too,"  Cindy replied.

"I'm not defensive, I'm just responding to your ridiculous assumptions."

"Remember in the car ride and when Mason carried you in, I knew he liked you."

"Really Sin, based on only that."

"That night I could have taken care of you but why did he insist?"

"He knew that James would be furious with me Sin."

"We could have covered it up and said it was a sleepover between me and you. He and Mason bring girls all the time so that shouldn't be a problem for you right?"

"Fair point."

Cindy and Amelia spent the rest of the day together, laughing and talking. When it was late in the afternoon they decided to call it a day.

They were going to meet tomorrow night for whatever Cindy had planned.

When the following night came, Amelia got dressed and waited for Cindy. They went to a local hangout that she had heard about,

"What's the surprise Sin?"

"Be patient."

They were led to a booth with two handsome guys sitting there.

"A double date." Cindy whispered.

They both sat down and Amelia was already feeling a bit flustered, wait she recognised them, they were the guys from the party they had gone to.

They exchanged greetings,

"You need this after the distracting week that you have had."

Amelia nodded, "I guess so."

They ordered drinks and started to talk to one another, the conversation was going great,

Amelia and Cindy went to the bathroom to freshen up a bit when they were done they went out and Amelia bumped into someone.

"I'm so sorry"

She looked at the stranger,

"Its alri...wait arent you James sister?"

"Yes, I am."

"Fancy seeing you here."  the stranger replied.

"Likewise."

Amelia and Cindy went back to their table and sat down.  They ordered some food and carried on with the conversation at hand,

"Amelia!"

Amelia turned to the voice and saw James and next to him was Mason who looked like he was fuming.

Early access to chapters: www.patreon.com/taniashava