Chapter 3

Amelia shook her head, Mason had the nerve to have a girl in the kitchen like that. She shook her head and changed into her pajamas. It wasn't that late but being in comfort was always way better for her.

She waited for Mason to go back to his room and that chance came when she heard them talking and the girl giggled and the door closed.

Amelia went to the kitchen and she peeked to make sure that there was no one there and she was relieved. She started to take out ingredients for supper. She saw the state of the kitchen. She shook her head. It was obvious they made noodles but the state was just bad and it looked as if they had burnt the noodles.

Amelia didn't want her imagination to run would run wild as to what they were doing in the kitchen. She took some detergents and wiped the counters until they were spotless. She felt much better when she was done.

James would be pleased after a long day to come home to some supper. So she better get to cooking, she wondered what she would make?

She would make stir fry rice. She rummaged through the fridge until she found everything. She took out the rice and put it in the pot and she washed it until it was clean and then she put it on the stove so that it would boil.

She started to take out the meat and put it in the microwave on defrost. She took out the vegetables and washed them and started to chop them up in pieces when the meat was done defrosting she took it out the microwave and she washed it before taking it to the chopping board.

When she was done chopping it, she switched on the stove and put a pan on it, and a bit of some oil. She put the meat in and proceeded to cut the vegetables whilst the meat was cooking.

Amelia heard voices growing closer, instead of them passing, they stopped.

"Who are you?"

Amelia turned around to the girls voice, "Amelia." She saw that she was assessing and looking her over.

"And Amelia what are you doing here?"

"I live here, and well I am you know James sister."

The girl nodded and turned to Mason, "You were telling the truth."

They proceeded to the door, she couldn't hear what they were saying. She went back to cooking. She heard the door close. She continued cooking, she heard Mason walk past the kitchen. When she was done she had set up the plates.

She heard James pull in the driveway when he walked in through the door, she waved at him.

"Smells delicious pebbles."

"Go change so we can eat."

He nodded happily, and he went to his room. She heard him come out and they sat down.

"I see Mason is home. Have you two spoke?"

"No," Amelia lowered her voice, "I got home and found him in the kitchen with some girl."

James just nodded and Amelia realized that her brother probably knew about his tendencies.

Amelia decided to ask him about his day, and he told her how long it was and how glad he was to come to such a nice home-cooked meal.

Amelia listened and when in turn she told him about her day and how she didn't have a bus card and the places that she had explored.

She didn't tell him about Mason's girlfriend and about her asking for her name and all. James got up and cleared the dishes.

When they were done she went to her room, she was tired and went to sleep.

Amelia woke up the next morning and she snuggled closer, her eyes shot wide open,

"Mason, what are you doing here?"

Hey, guys, I have early access to the next chapter on my Patreon: www.patreon.com/taniashava

Instagram: Tanz.v