Chapter 40

Mason came back and opened the fridge and grabbed a couple of beers and set them on the table. James took one and Mason took another..

Dante refused to drink as he had to drive back home and it was a long way back home. It was a bit tense now that Mason had joined, she could tell that Dante was on edge so was Mason a bit but he hid it well.

She got a bit worried when Mason was running through the beers and he took some more from the fridge, Amelia was trying to focus on the conversation but she was getting a bit too worried about what was happening.

"So have you two went past the first base?" Mason asked.

Amelia jumped, he had too much to drink. James laughed at Mason's question, he hadn't drunk that much. Dante was also surprised by the question.

"Mason I think you have had too much to drink." Amelia tried to divert the conversation, she didn't like the way it was going in.

"Oh look Amelia is talking directly to me and it is like I've lost," Mason replied.

"He's now talking nonsense," Amelia added.

James shook his head, "When Mason is drunk he never lies that's the one thing that is great about him. You can find out anything that you want."

Amelia's heart pounded much faster than before, she didn't know what to say, James knew his best friend and she couldn't do anything about it.

"You can ask him anything if you want to know the truth about how he feels about you. Watch," James added.

Before Amelia could intercept James was already asking, "Do you like Amelia, Mason?"

"Yeah, I like her a lot," Mason replied.

James grinned, "You see, and how about Dante, Mason?"

"No, he took her away." Mason slurred out.

Amelia's heart started to beat faster and she was starting to get nervous.

"Oh yeah Mason, it seems as if you fell for a girl. Who is it? You have been distant lately, tell me." James added.

"Amelia. It's Amelia." Mason replied.

James' face turned to one of surprise and then his phone rang, he got up and excused himself.

James was gone a bit and Amelia felt numb, how would she explain this? Dante also was quiet now,

"Dante, can you go check on my brother?"

"Are you sure about that?" Dante replied suspiciously.

"Yeah, he needs a male counterpart and Mason is too sloshed. He will open to you."

Dante nodded, and he got up.

Amelia was now left alone with Mason, and she turned to him, "Mason get it together."

"Why, am I not allowed to like you? Oh yeah, I can't you are James' baby sister." Mason replied.

Amelia groaned, "You will blow this for the both of us, please Mason."

"So you can date Dant and show him off but hide me," Mason replied.

"You have other girls but you don't see me complaining now."

"I don't know why I feel this way Amelia that's the thing, I can't help it that I think about you all the time. Twenty-four hour seven, you are on my mind. I want to see you and feel more of you."

"Mason please stop you will ruin it for both of us."

"Don't worry Amelia I won't tell anyone that we had sex okay."

"You two had sex?"

Amelia felt her soul leave her body, she turned to find James at the doorway and so was Dante who had heard everything.

"DID YOU TWO HAVE SEX?" James' voice roared and Amelia had never heard him like this.

"Jam...Ja...I can..I..."

James stormed off to his room, and Dante also looked heartbroken went out, Amelia turned to him, "Dante...wait...it was after and we weren't together."

"Amelia not now please," Dante was going out the door, and James was gone. Everything was crumbling right in front of her, everything that she had feared happening had happened.

If she only had come clean herself it would have been much better but now they were found out and she had no answer to this solution.

Amelia was having a great evening but now she had lost it all in a span of half an hour. She had hurt the people that mattered the most and she had no one to blame but herself.

She clenched her fists, and turned to Mason, "what's your motive Mason, you treated me like trash so why say all this rubbish." Tears burned her eyes,

Mason looked very vulnerable, "I'm in love with you Amelia."

Thank you for reading book one,

Book two is up on : www.patreon.com/collection/151388