Chapter 39

Weeks passed, and Amelia's and Dante's relationship grew stronger and stronger to a point that Amelia had forgotten all about sleeping with Mason.

Even James was happy for her, he made fun of how she looked happy and was practically glowing because of it. Amelia saw Mason and they spoke but they didn't talk for long but they did it to keep casualties.

Amelia didn't want anything to be awkward, she wanted everything behind her and that's how she worked. Today was a huge day as Dante was coming to meet James properly they were having dinner. She was in a frenzy, she set up the dinner table and put three plates.

She made some baked pasta with vegetables, James came out ready and he was laughing at the state she was in.

"Relax I'm not dad Amelia,"

"You better not interrogate him, James."

"I will see."

"James?"

"Fine, I won't."

Amelia heard Dante's car pull in, she went and stood by the door. She motioned James who came rolling his eyes, Dante emerged and he smiled at her.

He was carrying flowers and wine,

Amelia smiled, and she reached for the flowers as she was used to Dante giving her bouquet,

Dante pulled back and handed them to James, "They are for your brother."

Amelia's jaw dropped and James laughed,

"I'm playing." Dante tried to hand her the flowers but James had taken them on her behalf.

"I like you, Dante," James added.

"Thank you," Dante replied.

"But not so fast." James replied, "You still haven't passed the tests."

Amelia nudged James, James didn't seem to mind her. "Shall we Dante?"

Dante got in and when she was about to dish the food, Dante rolled up his sleeves and he helped her dish up. Soon they all were seated and eating.

"This is amazing Amelia."

Amelia blushed, James was also here, "Thank you."

James sneered at their interaction, "Save this for when it's just the two of you please."

James started to roll out so many questions and she was surprised at what happened to him not interrogating him. He really didn't miss, when he asked about his previous relationships and how they had ended.

Amelia kicked his foot under the table, James looked at her. "Some of these I don't even know or have answers to."

"It's okay Amelia, I have nothing to hide, I don't mind answering these questions."

James smiled, "You have a great guy here Amelia. You better keep him."

"As if I don't know that already."

"I might steal him from you." James poked fun at her.

"Don't start with me, James."

"Don't start with James,"

"I have to decline your offer, my eyes are only set on Amelia." Dante chimed in beaming.

"Mason," James said.

Amelia's heart beat wildly, well this is something. Why did he have to show up now but she couldn't keep him hidden forever. But him arriving home now was just a blunder to their dinner.

"Dante this is Amelia's second brother Mason, so if you hurt her you know they are two brothers looking out for her."

Mason and Dante exchanged greetings cooly, James was a bit also surprised at their exchange.

"Did I miss something?" James asked, "Do you two know each other?"

"Yeah we have met a few times but it's nothing to worry about," Mason responded fast as if he was covering for her. She was glad that Dante didn't probe.

"Join us." James said to Mason, "You are part of the family."

"Okay let me go and change," Mason replied.

Amelia wanted to tell James not to invite Mason but on what grounds? And why had Mason agreed to come and join them. This was going to be a long night.

Early access to chapters: www.patreon.com/taniashava