Chapter 38

They spoke a bit more but Amelia was too preoccupied and it sickened her at the thought that James might one day find out that she slept with his best friend.

Only she and Mason knew but what if it slipped out when they were together when Mason got too drunk and ran his mouth. This is not how she wanted to live.

Would James forgive Mason and would he would be hurt and disappointed in her. She could get any guy that she wanted but she had gone for her brother's best friend.

Why hadn't she considered James in all this? She was very selfish that night and now the consequences were catching up to her. She didn't want with Cindy that she had known for a few months but James knew Mason for years.

She would be the reason that their friendship ended, if she wasn't here and in the equation, none of this would have happened. Her selfishness would result in all of this.

"Pebbles are you okay?" James asked.

"Yeah."

"Are you still on cloud nine since your boyfriend asked you out?" James replied.

Amelia couldn't even be happy for a few moments, this was going to be weighing in the back of her head.

"I need to call Cindy, Night. I will see you two tomorrow."

"Night Pebbles," James replied.

"Night," said Mason.

Amelia went to her room, she lay on her bed and she felt heavy. To make it worse Amelia had been Mason for hitting and running, but where did she think this was all going?

Was she willing to be selfish enough to be with Mason knowing how James felt, but that's the thing she hadn't thought about James when she had gone crazy of Mason?

If James knew the reason as to why she looked so sickly was because of Mason how would he feel? Amelia's phone vibrated and she saw that it was Dante,

"I am so happy that you are fully mine."

Amelia smiled and forgot her worries for a second, she replied to his text, "Me too. Just told my brother."

"How did he react?" -Dante.

"It went well, he even called you a potential brother-in-law."

"That makes me happy, sweet dreams beautiful." Dante.

"Night Handsome."

Amelia tossed her phone to the side and she tossed and turned for hours until she fell asleep but she didn't have a peaceful sleep. When she woke up the next morning it felt as if she hadn't slept at all.

This was true considering the number of hours that she had slept for, probably two hours of sleep combined. She kept on having nightmares of James finding out, he would look disappointed and she would snap awake.

Amelia sighed, she wondered how Mason felt about all of this, wasn't he nervous that James would find out? She never knew what was on his mind and that was proven when she had sex with him and thought they were on the same page but he was on another book entirely.

Early access to chapters: www.patreon.com/taniashava