Chapter 32

Amelia woke up the next morning and she felt very sick when she went to the mirror she was shocked as to how she had aged over the past couple of weeks.

She looked pale and gaunt, she needed to stop her lifestyle, she texted Cindy if she wanted to meet for lunch. Cindy agreed.

She was now seated opposite her,

"I'm so glad we are meeting in the afternoon, I missed this Amelia."

"I'm sorry Cindy, I know that I have gone out of control these past couple of weeks and I'm sorry again."

Cindy took her hand from across the table, and she smiled at her, "I'm glad you look better Amelia. You look better and I think you are moving on."

"Thanks, Cindy."

"Have you spoken to Mason?"

Amelia told Cindy everything that had happened last night and how she had slapped him,

"Mason is definitely odd, he gives off mixed signals," Cindy replied.

"No, he likes to have power over me."

"I mean that night Dante carried you in your room, Mason gave him a handful."

"What are you talking about?"

"You were passed out in the room and Mason went off on Dante on how he was a bad influence to you. He was very upset when he saw you drunk again."

"I don't care, anymore. I think it's time I focus on what's in front of me. That's why I'm going on a date with Dante."

Cindy was surprised, "Are you really giving this a shot?"

"Yeah, that would be best for me."

Cindy grinned, "Way to go and I am proud of you."

Amelia got home and went into the house, she squealed when she saw James in the living room.

James opened his arms when he saw her, "Come here Pebbles."

Amelia dropped her back and jumped into his arms. She saw that Mason was watching their interaction without saying anything. James finally pulled back,

"You should have taken me with you when you were going to mom and dad."

"I know Pebbles but it was in the spur of the moment. I'm sorry okay, I will make it up to you with dinner on me tonight."

Amelia nodded, "Sounds good."

James cupped her face, "Why do you look so sick Pebbles?"

"Just a rough week at school but nothing that I can't handle."

James nodded, "I will go buy some groceries, tell me what you want and I will get it for you okay. I can't have you looking like this, James pulled her again into his arms and squeezed her tight. He kissed the top of her head and let her go.

"I'm going to go and sleep, James. I have had a long day and I need a nap after all that I ate."

"Okay but I'm going to be feeding you some more, you look hollow Amelia. Take it easy on the books, a couple of grades won't hurt you that much to have you looking like this. I'm going to feed you better until you are back to your normal self, and I will tell you when to take breaks in between studies." James replied.

Amelia smiled at him, "Okay, okay."

Amelia went to her room and she naped. She felt a hand on her head, and she stirred awake.  James was smiling at her, "You slept for long, it's time to get ready for dinner Pebbles."

"Okay, I will be there in a minute."

James smiled a bit skeptically, "Rest we can do this another time."

"No, I'm fine and when will I get a chance to have you pay for my dinner,"

James chuckled, "Okay see you in a few minutes."

Amelia put on her shoes and brushed up her appearance, when she was done she went out and her heart nearly dropped when she saw that Mason was also joining them.

Early access to Book One: www.patreon.com/taniashava